I cannot take it anymore

Andrea

Icannot handle it anymore. The gynecologist did the breast and pap a month ago, all was well.

Today was the appt with my internist where he looks at my skin, orders lab work, etc. He decides to do a breast exam. He said I have "subareolar stranding", whatever the hecj that means, my breasts are dense, so he is sending me to a Hoag surgeon regarding testing.

I am tired of drs. I don't want breast cancer. I have no idea what he felt. I am so on the edge it is not even funny

Thanks Mo :)

I guess it is better to get screened. The fact that he said it is not "urgent" makes me feel better. He said it is all part of "cancer screening". Also what he felt was almost identical on both sides.

I am just tired of feeling bipolar, one second up, one second down. I never was a roller coaster fan ;) heehehehee.

I love everyone here.

One step at a time. It's a pain to go and get stuff done, but I have decided that's why God invented People magazine--to be read in waiting rooms. And why He invented Ben & Jerry's--to be eaten the night before . . .

gail

Apparently there are lots of wierd things they check that turn out to be nothing, but I know it's hard to just sit back when they tell you, Don't Worry, It's Probably Nothing, but go for another test. Easy for them to say, right? They once sent me for some special ultrasound after a mammogram, which turned out to be ok, and then they had me go for the next mammogram in 6 months just to be sure, and it seemed to take the technician a long time to get the right angle or something, and then while I was lying on the table, one nurse came in and said, Oh, someone else will come in and tell you the results, and so I was certain it was something too awful for the nurse to be allowed to tell, and then I waited for ETERNITY on this table, and the longer I waited the more sure I was that they were going to tell me really awful news, and then they came in and said it was just a cyst, no big deal.

So hoping that it turns out to be something like that -- just a doctor being cautious.

Dear Andrea,

I know the anxieties of wondering whether every bump, cough or pain is related to cancer. But please try not to worry yourself sick, I know easier said than done. You have so much on your plate right now, don't forget to stop and take time for yourself! Take care of yourself.

Love,

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Sometimes it seems like we have so much thrown at us. I had my lung surgery in February and a breast biopsy the following December. Toooooooo much! Thankfully, the breast biopsy was benign.

I have dense breasts also and I have another test done, it is called "Sono Cine". A doctor at Hungtington Hospital in Pasadena developed it and as yet it is not "insurance approved" but I think it is well worth the $300. I get a mammogram and then 6 months later have the SonoCine. It is a type of ultra-sound that is controlled by a computer activated scanner so that every inch of the breast is scanned. It was explained to me that a hand-held ultrasound can miss some areas.

If you would like more info. on this just pm me and I can give you the Drs. name and #. Maybe your doctor could contact him. Also, I would love to talk with you about your fund raising ideas.

Andrea, my prayers are with you. Take care.

Nancy B

Hi. Th anks :) I have a call in to my dr to see if it is something urgent that I have to do this month or next month when I get on the PPO. He did mention an ultrasound with dense breaths.

Anytimeyou want to talk fundraising, I am up for it :) mye-mail is andreascheff@cox.net and i use AOL IM, my user name is AnnJDMBA