MERE WORDS CAN NOT EXPRESS.....

TAnn

As a cancer patient, I go through some terrible things. BUT, my husband, my caregiver, goes through even more.

How can I thank him for all that he does? Our lives went from the hectic daily routine of working, house, yard, soccer, etc. to doctor appointments, pain, tears and alot of stress. I see my husband worrying about me in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. I try not to wake him, just go into the living room until the pain subsides, but he always "knows" and gets up to check on me. Then gets up, goes to work, deals with the heavy stress of the business world, calls to check on me throughout the day, and then comes home and does all the housework that I can't do....(which is most of it)! I do not know how he juggles it all.

Yet, he is there for me, supporting me, holding me up, encouraging me. I know he didn't sign up for this...(I know - "In sickness and in health") but who could imagine at our age, 42 (me) 43 (him) that we would be dealing with a monster like this?

So thank you Al, and all the other caregivers out there. You all deserve a huge medal of honor. Please know how much we appreciate what you do, even putting up with us when the GRUMPS set in :lol:

Sorry this is so long, but I felt this had to be said. I hate being such a burden, but I am so grateful that I have you.

THANK YOU !!!!!!!

TAnn

TAnn,

Very nicely put...and when you are feeling the "guilt" over him doing all for you, remember that YOU would do the same were the shoe on the other foot...

I would like to thank Cookieman for all of his devotion, but I realize that it is not a chore for him as I am always a ray of sunshine and brighten his day (sometimes by entering, other times by leaving - LOL). I am SURE this is not what he signed on for as he was looking for someone to take care of him in his old age (probably next week with all the stress at our house lately) and never in a zillion years figured I'D be the one needing help - ESPECIALLY when ages are taken into consideration.

Sometimes, surprises can be nice - in a way, I'm surprised that someone (besides my mother - another topic of thank yous) cares about me THAT much and is absolutely miserable that he can't "fix it". He's a big guy and pretty used to getting his own way (and then, he got married...again...) and being able to solve problems. He's probably never realized how much he HAS helped by just being there and not running from the challenge (a refreshing suprise in husband material for me!).

It's nice to have a rock to cling to in the bad times....now I see what he sees in me! :wink: I've always BEEN the rock, kinda tough taking a turn as the ivy....

So, thanks, Cookieman. Read the fine print, I love you - to the moon and back.

Glad you expressed your love for Al, TAnn. And yours for Cookieman, Snowflake. I believe the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life is to be primary caregiver to Lucie. I did not know I could do that -- only by the grace of God. Lucie says I am defnintely "a keeper", and that is reward enough, besides seeing her do well. Blessings all around. Don

Guest KellyB

All that your hubby is doing for you is a natural response when love guides your life. Thank God you have eachother. People respond in amazing ways given certain burdens in life. As a caregiver(helper) for my Dad, it is never a thought, I just do and that is my enduring Love for my Daddy.

Your husband is a HERO just as are all the other caregivers.

I am the care giver here and I do it out of love , he took care of me through my 2 knee surgeries now it is my turn to take care of him. He gets grumpy some times but that is ok he is allowed to do that. I love him with all my heart and soul and I will take care of him for ever. Thank you for the thanks.

TAnn,

Please don't ever feel like you are a burden. My father felt that way while he was battling lung cancer, and it just broke my heart that he felt like he was a burden to me and our family. I would have done anything for him, because I loved him and because I wanted to do it. He never let me help him, not the way I wanted to. He didn't want to "bother" anyone. Please, don't ever feel that way. Your husband loves you and it makes him "happy" to do things for you and to be able to care for you. You would do the same for him, wouldn't you? Try and think of it that way and just concentrate on getting better. I wish you the best.

Karen

My husband tells me that he's sorry that I have to go thru this. I said, "you are the one going thru it, I am just here for you." He was here for me when I went thru some really personal tough times in my life. I told him that he took care of me, and now its my turn to take care of him, and that's why God brought us together. He will never be a burden to me, I love him and will do anything for him. I wouldn't have it any other way. This is what real love is all about. Aren't you so glad that you have it? Not everyone has it and we do so that's one thing to be so thankful for. God Bless all the caregivers, and God please let our loved ones know that we love them and will always be here for them. :wink: