Big Sigh . . . . I'm the friend in need

stand4hope

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Peggy - stand4hope - you have always been so kind to me and caring even when you were going through such pain yourself. I ask God to please take good care of your husband and to help his health improve - to hold both of you in his palms. May you feel his warmth.

Right after my cancer dx., my dog of 18 years passed on. My daughter convinced me to get another puppy even though I thought it was 'wrong' since I couldn't care for her as well as I felt I should. She's been such a blessing. Her name is Angelica Hope because she reminds me of hope.

Please PM me if you'd like.

Cat

Peggy,

I think we have all faced some setbacks...and I know it usually takes me a little time to get my arms around the news and figure out how to tell it. We want to hear all...wonderful, not so wonderful, dreadful...so we can support. You are both in my prayers and I'm glad there is a plan to relieve the pain. Pain undermines the determination to proceed with treatment and it interfers with healing.

In my heart and prayers,

Margaret

I'm sorry I haven't had time to send PMs to the rest of you, but it's been a long and busy day and tomorrow is going to be worse. After work, I came home and spent time with my husband before he went to bed, and then I drove to Crawfordsville to see my dad and brother at the nursing home. I didn't get home until 10:30. My brother is in town from California, and even though we don't see each other often, we are very close. He's been coming in once a month for the past 3 months since our dad got so sick.

Jane: I just adore you. Isn't that something - I don't even know you, but I think you are wonderful. You are such a loving sister to your brother, and your posts are so faith-filled and caring. I will support you as long as you need it.

Elaine: You said the magic words that made me feel better:

In no way have you taken away my hope

I really meant what I said in my first post on this thread. It really, really bothered me to post about this because I could see all of you either with this disease or a caregiver, and I want to encourage everyone, not discourage them. The Bible says that one of the gifts of the Spirit is an encourager. I think I have that wonderful God-given gift, but the down side is that I'm uncomfortable to go looking for encouragement. Does that make sense? Elaine, I know you have had a really hard time and it meant a lot to me for you to say that in no way had I taken away your hope.

Betty: Thank you for calling me "sweetie" - I like being a sweetie once in a while - it just feels good. :D Thank you for the prayers.

Geoff: Thank you for the prayers and please tell Melinda thank you also.

Margaret: Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers.

it usually takes me a little time to get my arms around the news and figure out how to tell it

Me, too. I'm the one who sends all my family email updates on my dad, sometimes 2 or 3 a day, and when things aren't going well, I work hard at trying to present it as just a bad day so they won't get discouraged. I have one sister that lives in another state and she is having a terrible struggle with being so far away from him, so I have to work real hard at keeping her calm.

Bean_si: Is that your real name, or does it mean something special? I guess that's prying, but I just have to ask. I am so, so, so, so thrilled to see you posting. I worry about you every single day. I hate it that you are alone. I have had a lot of PMs with Jane, and I know she is very sincere. I can't remember for sure what she said her job is, but I think she has some type of shelter home where she helps people in need. Maybe the two of you should talk and maybe you really could work something out. I would feel a lot better if you had someone to help you out. Also, I am so glad you didn't give up! You are a dear!

Nina: You are always so sweet and you have the most loving, caring posts. Your posts always feel so calm and soothing, and not only that - you are always there encouraging everyone on. You are an inspiration to everyone.

Nancy: Thank you also for your kind words. I'm sorry your mom had to go through something like this, but she's right, God gives us the strength to do what we must do whether we like it or not. I'm no different than anybody else - I do crash sometimes, but Romans 8 : 28 always, always picks me back up again: "All things work together for good for those who love God, for those who are called according to His purpose."

I sent everyone else a PM, I think. I would have liked to have done that to everyone, but I know it will be Sat. before I could do it, and I didn't want to wait that long to thank you all.

Tomorrow we get the official results of all the tests. I already know the results, and I like I said earlier, all I want to know is the cure! I'll try to post a new thread tomorrow night, but it might be quite late, so if you don't see anything until Sat., don't worry about me, I'm still standing. :lol:

Lots of love to you all,

Peggy

Peggy, I am so sorry too hear your latest setback but PLEASE don't ever hesitate to post the bad along with the goo. We need to know it all and we are here to support you. Remember God does not give us a burden we cannot carry although it may seem like it at times. God will give you strength and may the treatments be effective.

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Peggy, Draiocht_bean_si is a name I used for an yahoo count when I wouldn't think of anything. In Irish Gaelic it means magic fairy woman. Unfortunately it also has a negative connotation, showing I wasn't thinking when I used it on this board. (don't ask)

Just call me Cat. :roll:

This is the first time I've looked at the "Tests" board, a reason I hadn't responded before. It's very important for all of us, whatever our respective situation may be to hear it all, so please, please, never think of editing it out. I'm so sorry that you're having such a bad time right now and am hoping that things will start looking up for you and your husband. I am full of admiration for you and the way you're handling everything -- this board teaches us all many things, including the many different ways we can meet with and deal with adversity. SOmething we've all had to face - or we wouldn't be here.

Know that I'm thinking of you and your husband and plugging for you both. PLease let us know how it goes.

Ellen