For Cat

glo

Great picture of him! Cat, Gloria's right about the magic. Maybe Harry will come and lend you the invisbility cloak and then you can sneak in and listen to the Dr.'s discuss your scans and finally get the real low-down on what is going on.

My son has turned me into a huge Harry fan, also :) .

Gina

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

:lol::lol::lol:

I have the other two Harry Potter DVDs and agreed to wait until my daughter came down in July to see the HP3 at the movies. (She's 30 and a huge fan!!!!)

I also have ALL of the LOR DVD's (Lord of the Rings)

Cat

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

I thought HP2 started to weave more of the LOR in the movies. They do have an overall feel. I like both of them. I'd like to see what HR3 has done as far as being more like LOL. Both series takes me away from everyday problems.

Cat

(sometimes I can post today, then the board stops working!)

Harry Potter IS magic! He waved a wand and my son began to read and not be intimidated by BIG books!

(...and when we go to the movies, he tells me what is missing that was in the book or what is different from the book - HP3 was no exception...)

Snowflake -

Isn't that terrific? I just love when kids realize how much fun reading is. Those who grow up not learning to read well and hating it are really at a disadvantage in the work place. Some are able to overcome it through other skills, but reading is important in every job.

We have a 26 year-old former marine who works in our office. His telephone manner is impeccable, he sounds so professional and he has a pretty good vocabulary. And a really good heart -- always willing to do anything he's asked. He learns quickly verbally and hands-on, but give him a manual or ask him to study for a test and he's toast. He reads very slowly and doesn't like to read.

And reading is great for going places in the mind where our cares don't exist -- for me it works better than TV or movies.

Go, Harry Potter!

Gloria

Glo,

I used to do the mind trip of reading, but right now, I can't sit and read...I can't crochet, cross-stitch...nothing that takes concentration. I can watch TV, that doesn't take a brain...I can't even SPEAK some times, can't string the words together. Writing isn't so bad, I can always read what I wrote and try to guess where I was going, but orally - well, when the thought evaporates, it's GONE...

Looking into fixing that if at all possible, having my brain "mapped" by a neuropsychologist - need to stimulate the gray matter and re-learn some things...

BUT, my BOY is reading, and that's the important thing! Sometimes, he has to go with me to "boring things" and we get a book before we leave...it's GREAT! I don't mind him reading over his Game Boy....

Take care!

Snowflake -

Sorry your concentration level is not good for reading right now. Sure hope they figure out the right thing to do about your problems. I'm sure some of it is the stress. My husband was in the hospital nearly a month and I carried a book (the same book) around with me all of that time and never managed to read more than a chapter. Even after his death, I couldn't read -- yes, staring at the TV is something I've done a lot of. Occasionally can even tell you what I watched! :D The book I carried was "SeaBiscuit". Only book that ever took me six months to read, but I finally finished it.

I can in some ways identify with your not stopping at red lights. I have walked out into the garage to find that my garage door has been up for over two hours. I've gotten up in the morning to find I didn't lock the front door the night before. I've gotten on the wrong bus and took two hours to get home when it should have taken 30 minutes. And I'm on no meds at all! Maybe I should get on some. :wink:

So I certainly think that with all you've been going through, it's no wonder you have these problems, and there's every reason to think they will improve. Hope the "mapping" does the trick.

Anyway, yeah -- I'm proud, too, that your boy is reading! My girl is 30 years old now and she's never without a book for long and I'm sure reading is what helped her the most thoughout school and college. Doesn't really matter what they read -- there's something to be learned in every book and just establishing the habit makes it so much easier to learn all other subjects.

P.S. I LOVE his dragon-slayer picture.

Gloria