Fluid? Nurse>

Elaine

I have gained about 15 pounds this past 6 weeks. Today I can't come close to getting in to pants I wore two days ago, even though I weigh what I weighed then within a pound.

Meds: 10 days of Ritilan (bad side effects) ibuprofen and celebrex. That's it. Took xxanax this AM.

How can I tell if I have fluid in my waist area? I know I don't have it in my legs, as far as pitting edema goes.

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

I believe Celebrex can cause fluid retention. Ritalin can cause all sorts of problems including depression, anxiety, even hallucinations but I don't think fluid retention. I don't know how to tell if the retention is collecting in your abdominal area other than a significant increase (like waist measurement) in a short period of time.

Cat

Thanks.

Of course my mind goes first to the worst thing: Ascites or liver mets. ANd always on a weekend. Can't go to ER, no way would the HMO pay for that visit. Been on celbrex too long to get a new side effect accoring to on call nurse. Just some more wonderful thing to worry about.

The Ritilin really did a number on me emotionally, so I am tapering off and doing some xxanax to counter it until then. It did help the fatigue though. Hardly slept a wink for some days and on others slept a few very sound hours in a row.

elaine

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Just for reference - I was told point black that it is the law that HMO has to pay for ER evaluation. Now, should they decide you need treatment and admission, they would have to contact your primary for consent and HMO. BUT if they decided you needed admission/treatment, obviously a medical decision has been made that you need treatment. Therefore it would be an idiot of a primary who would deny you the necessary okay and one wasn't concerned with possible law suit.

This could just be in Florida. However, I thought it was the law in every state.

Cat