VACINE TRIAL GOING WELL...

lilgna

I AM HOME AND DOING GREAT, WITH THE FIRST VACINE... I WAS TREATED SO WELL..EVEN AFTER A LONG WEEK OF TESTS... I WAS GLAD I DID IT... I RECEIVED THE FIRST OF FOUR VACINES, I PRAY IT DOES THE TRICK. THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE WELL WISHES... I WILL BE GOING BACK IN AUGUST AND I WILL KEEP EVERYONE POSTED ON NUMBER TWO... :D... PRAYERS FOR EVERYONE...

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

lilgna, To do the vaccine, did they have to use your cancer cells? If so, did they have to do anything like take them out with a needle, like a biopsy. Just wondering. I'm very interested in vaccine therapy.

Cat

THE VACINE WAS DERIVED FROM DONOR CELLS. WHICH IS MUCH BETTER FOR THOSE OF US, WHOSE CANCER IS HARD TO GET TO. LIKE WITH THE GVAX FOR INSTANCE, YOU HAVE TO GET CELLS FROM YOUR PARTICULAR TUMOR. THIS IS FROM SOMEONE ELSE, WHO HAD ADENOCARCINOMA, LIKE I DO. IT IS THEN RADIATED, AND TREATED THEN INJECTED TO MICE WITH ADENOCARCINOMA LUNG CANCER THE PROCESS DEVELOPS AN IMMUNITY THAT WILL THEN FIGHT THESE CANCER CELLS BY ALERTING YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM THAT THIS IS TO BE ATTACKED RATHER THAN PROTECTED, THEY SAY IT IS SIMILAR TO WHEN SOMEONE RCEIVES A DONOR ORGAN AND THE BODY FIGHTS IT. I AM SURE I DO NOT U NDERSTAND IT ALL, BUT I DO KNOW IT IS OF GREAT INTERST TO SCIENTISTS AND HAS WORKED FOR OTHER CANCERS. I AM ONLT HOPING I IS MY ANSWER. HOPE THAT HELPS. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Have you had your second treatment yet? How are you feeling? Side effects? How do they know if it is working for you. What kind of tests will they be doing. Where are you getting your treatments. Sorry for so many questions, maybe this will be the cure for LC. Praying real hard this works for you. Please keep us posted...

God Bless,

Karen

:D just got back from DC completing number two.. Not any side effects to speak of. First one, I had some stomach upsets for a week, a little warm to touch, but not feverish at all. I would say I have experienced none this time at least up to this point. It has been the easiest by far of all my treatments... They are being cautious, of course, but the CT did show a very slight decrease in cancer activity, but they were cautious to tell me it could be measurements , I believe, it is a reaction, but I am an optimist, I guess. It will be so much better if it shows more next month for vacine #3........ I remain hopeful, afterall, something brought me to this point, I pray it does the trick. Then alot more of you can get well .. right along with me.... Thank-you all for your encouragement and prayers ..Number 3 is planned first week of September.......