NED???

jamie

Hi everyone,

Just got to wondering, now that my Dad is NED, how long will he stay that way? I know everyone is different, but were SOOO worried b-cause of the high reoccurance rate the first 2 years after surgery...just wonderin how long you guys stayed Ned! Of course were hopin for FOREVER!!!

I was trying to do a poll about it, but cant figure it out!

Jamie

Well I have sclc extensive and it was found in 2/01 I went thru 9 mos of chemo then 1 yr NED. Then 2/03 it returned-6 mos chemo and 6 weeks of radiation and tada!! Another 1 yr NED. Everyone is different. Just pray for long remission periods and make the best of day of them!!

Congrats on the NED!!

Love Cindy

PS I did go back every 2 mos for CT's, I now am going every 3 mos. So he needs close follow up care.

Jamie,

I am laughing out loud b/c you and I are SO alike. Remember I said you were just a few months behind me in that your dad had surgery after my mom? You are giong through the same emotions as me!

I am going to PM you later, i am off with my mom now, i just came on quickly to see if there were any postings about Denise's mom

Thanks everyone for your replies. Im not freaking out or anything, just kind of curious of whats in store for us now. I think after my dads preventative chemo is over (3 more rounds-9weeks to go), Ill be freaking out cause we just have to wait :shock: . I know those scans are going to be nerve racking! Anyway, just wanted to say thanks!

Jamie