Test results

DonnaE

I haven't posted much, but regularly read all of your postings. Just wanted to give you an update. The roller coaster hit both the high peak and the low peak all with in one week.

Mammogram done end of August... we can not find the breast tumor :D , Taxol worked!!!!

CAT SCAN/Bone Scan not so good. Guess the cancer cells in the lungs and lymph nodes decided that they liked carboplatin..... the tumors in both lungs and the mediastinium have both multiplied and grown larger then what they were when first discovered in April of this year. :evil:

Also there is metastsis to the 9th right rib, in fact the tumor has just about eaten through the rib. :cry:

Next plan of attack: 10 sessions of radiation to the rib area to relieve the pain, and then chemo again sometime after 10/12. My oncologist at present is ruling out Taxotere due to the neuropathy I now have in both my feet and hands. :(

I hate this roller coaster ride, I never liked roller coasters at the amusement park!! :evil:

But, off the cancer subject, there is some good news that I would like to share with all of you. My husband, who is my support, anchor, you name it, will be awarded the New York State Respiratory Care Practioner of the year at the end of this month. :D I will be there, bald head and all, to cheer him on and to educate as many Respiratory Care Practioners about my personal experience with this monster. Figure, I will have a captive audience for a little while, and educationing people about this disease is what we need to do.

Hanging in there, taking each day as it comes and enjoying all the little moments.

DonnaE

Donna,

I hated roller coasters when I was a kid, too - still do. I know you wish you had gotten better results from your scans, but it sounds like you are ready to get out there and hit it again.

Thanks for sharing the good news about your hubby. You sound so proud of him, and you should be!

God bless you,

Peggy

Donna,

Gee I am sorry about your scan results. Sounds like you are on a giant roller coaster. I hope this next round of treatments works well and that you are out of pain shortly. I don't blame you for being proud of your husband. That is quite an honor. I'll add you to my prayer list.

Nina