Mesothelioma????

ginnyd

Hi Ginny,

Yes Mesothelioma is a (asbestos) related type of lung cancer. There are serveral kinds of lung cancers and most of them fall in the Nonsmall Cell groups, such as Adenocarcinoma, Squamous, Large Cell, BAC, etc....

Check out the ALCASE website as well. You can find a lot of helpful information on the that website about lung cancer. www.alcase.org

Warm and Gentle Hugs,

• 1 month later...

Mesothelioma is cancer of the cells lining the lung, between the lung and rib cage, it can also be found in the abdomen. some argue that sense it is not cancer in the lung, that it shouldn't be in the lung cancer category. i disagree very much. the way they treat Mesothelioma is they remove your lung, all the lining, limp nodes, and diaphragm. i had this surgery and i'm still feeling the effects of living with one lung. i don't think anyother cancer group would have been able to help me out with this type of cancer, other than the lung cancer support group i am in. for more info on mesothelioma i would suggest going to www.marf.com or www.marf.org

jodi page, 3 year mesothelioma survivor