First Time

lenr8

I am Lenny's wife (lenr8) and this is the first time that I have participated in any discussion. When my husband and I first learned that he had Stage IV Lung Cancer we were (like everyone else) devastated. We had so many family and friends supporting us and trying to understand but no one really could understand what we were going through. Then one weekend my husband told me that he had found this wonderful group of people that knew exactly how he felt and he all of the sudden became much more positive and hopeful. I almost cried because this was just what he needed to help fight this terrible disease. Since then he has not only received an incredible amount of suppoprt from all of you but has been able to give others some support too. I can't tell you how much this means to me. Though I have not participated until now, I have been viewing the different discussions and I am so amazed at how incredibly strong and supportive you all are. You are all an incredible source of inspiration to so many people. I feel honored to be a part of this. I really hope that everyone can just forget about and get past all of this. I don't want anyone to leave. We all need each other. My husband needs you. I need you. Our 2 and 7 year old sons need you. Please remember why we are all here. Thank you.

Lori

Guest DaveG

Lori:

I guess like any other family we are subject to our squabbles. Sorry you had to enter in this manner.

Lung cancer is hard to deal with whether you are a survivor or family member/caregiver. As a family member you are forever trying figure out what is going on with the one who is the survivor, and likewsie the survivor is forever trying figure out where the family member is. It doesn't get any easier as we go along, may be a little easier to understand, but not necessarily any easier to withstand the rigors of lung cancer.

We are glad you found us in your time of need. Please feel free to come here anytime and feel free to vent. (Obviously I have certainly vented today :):):) ).

Please don't forget our Wednesday evening chat room, which I think Len has been in already. We have fun and try to use the chat as means to get away from lung cancer, but always at the ready to help if that comes up.

Lori,

Welcome to the boards... I wish it'd been different reasons to meet, but i'll take what I can get. Appreciate the kudows on the site and it is not planned to go anywhere for a long time...