Gianni's update

Rosanne

Here's an update on Gianni. He had to leave the clinical trial because his platelets were too low to continue. We went yesterday and his platelets were 30 so the doc wanted to start him on taxol instead of taxoter-easier on platelets. Went today but his platelets went down to 25. No chemo. Tomorrow we go for ct scan and will get blood test again. Doc wants to do a bone marrow biopsy because of low platelets. It's scary because he needs chemo to stop cancer in bone so his platelets go up but can't because they are too low. I sure hope they can do something!!

Rosanne

Rosanne,

My mom also had to cancel her chemo appt this week as to low platelets. I hope they can continue. She is also really weak right now. Good spirits but weak. :cry: I really wish she felt better.

I will pray that Gianni's platelets come up so he can continue. Keep your spirits up.

Rana :wink:

Hopefully everybody's counts and spirits will be up next week and chemo can start again. Chemo our life blood. I have had to walk away without mine 1 time and I remember thinking------WOW------------ what am I supposed to do to fight this off without the chemo. :?

Thanks everyone,

I e-mailed the doc about Gianni's platelets dropping-he was not in on Friday so i wanted to make sure he knew(we have to be our own advocate) and he had Gianni get bloodwork today because we were already going for the ct scan. His platlets went up. :D The doc wants to get the biopsy of the bone marrow next week to rule out other reasons for the low platelets, and if its his bone cancer he will do chemo even if his platlets are low.

Gianni is getting Zometa. He will get the next dose this week.

On Thursday doc thought Gianni was looking good :D -that made us smile.

Rosanne

Rosanne,

So glad that the platelet count is back up. Waiting for treatment to continue is just terrible. We had to wait for a month to begin Iressa after chemo. The Iressa didn't work and then we had to wait another 3 weeks to start the clinical trial. During this wait time you feel helpless and imagine the cancer continuing to grow and spread.

I'm praying that treatment continues for your dear husband this week.

Blessings to you both,

Peg

Rosanne-

Your latest news is more encouraging...so glad to hear the platelette count went back up. You know I'll be saying prayers for you and wishing for the best. Take care of yourself too. This rotten disease is scary and a real tail-wringer. Hugs.