Dad may come home today

I've been busy the last 3 days. I have stayed with dad for 10-12 hours a day in his hospital room. He is eating a bit more, which is a good sign. He ate maybe 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes, 1/2 of chicken and some veggies. He ate some jello and tiny pice of bread. He drank 2 cans of prosure. Not much, but for him its good. I understand why he said that the food didn't want to go down. According to the pulmonlogist the tumor is compressing the food passage. He also said that the thoracenthesis will not help him much, the fluid will come back. He said he didnt have much time. I know that, but when that time is I dont know. If dad feels better by going to the hospital, thats good for him. He is better than yesterday and he seems more coherent. Yesteday he only needed 2 pills of morphine for the pain. The pulmonoligist just said to "dope him up with morphine". I won't do that unless he has pain. Dad still wants to know whats going on, he still wants to live.

Right now we will not give him treatment for the cancer, we just want him to get stronger and better. Of course, alleviate his pain. This is tough because how much morphine to give him is the question. I don't want him to suffer any more. Even if its a little, but I don't want him to lose his mind just yet. for now, we have to take it a minute at a time, a day at a time, this is the best option for us now! Keep the prayers and advice coming thanks!!!

ray

RayRoy, I am sorry about the uncertainty about your dad and the treatments options. I am glad he may be back home soon. It sounds like he will still fight and that is good.

We will pray for you and your...

Rayroy, Lucie's onc told us she should take enough morphine to ease the pain. She takes slow release morphine in the morning and evening, and has some "breakthrough" or fast release morphine she can take in between. I try to watch and see when she starts hallucinating too much and then try to find a ground between that and the pain ease. She is doing okay right now. Blessings. Don