Scared

Fresca

Hi everyone-

I am very scared right now. :o My mom doesn't seem to be doing so well. Last week they tested her for platelets etc...and they were really low (she can't walk very far, she is too exhausted. Has to take wheelchair etc.) So they gave her a transfusion, but that did not help. She is still extremely exhausted. Falling asleep all the time, we'll be watching T.V. and seriously, like 30 seconds she will be asleep. She also has extremely swollen feet. I mean swollen. They are huge. She is on lasix, and that isn't helping at all. She just seems to be going down hill. I am scared. I am supposed to go to Puerto Vallarta with my husband on the 18 of July, through the 25, and I'm afraid to leave. I need this vacation with all that is going on, but now I'm scared to death to leave. I'm just praying that they can do something for the extreme feet and exhaustion. I'm afraid. Please God don't take my mommy. Please hear me. Thanks for letting me vent guys. I have so much built up right now, I am having a hard time dealing.

Praying for us all everyday.

Rana :cry:

Rana,

I don't know the words to say, but know that we all care. Sometimes, all we can do for one another is to allow the "venting". Its ok to do that.... and I am so sorry for what you and your mother (and others) are going through.

Jane

Thanks guys-

My mom had some kind of test yesterday and they said she has low something that your adrenal gland makes, and so her sodium is way low, and her potassium is way up, so they are giving her some infusion today of something and that is supposed to help. I PRAY! Thanks for your encouraging words all. I can't tell you how I need you guys everyday. THANKS and seriously to my new family, I love ya all.

Rana :wink:

RANA,

SOME DAYS ARE NOT WORTH GETTING OUT OF BED BUT WE MUST....

HOPEFULLY YOUR MOM MAY JUST BE HAVING A DOWN TIME. DOWN TIMES DO HAPPEN AS WE ALL KNOW. MY HUSBAND HAD TWO FULL MONTHS OF DOWN TIME AND I COULD NOT SEE HIM GETTING ANY BETTER. I HAD HIM IN HIS GRAVE. BUT THEN HE STARTED SNAPPING OUT OF IT. TODAY HE WENT WITH ME AND HIS TWO GRANDSONS AGES 7 AND 9 BOWLING. NOW HE DIDN'T BOWL BUT HE DID ENJOY WATCHING US PLUS ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE AT THE BOWLING ALLEY SINK ALLEY BALLS..... SO HANG IN THERE, TAKE YOUR VACATION, FOR WE ALL NEED SOMETIME TO REGROUP TO CARRY ON FOR THE FUTURE...