Recipe update

Andrea

Greetings friends. A billion thanks to those who have sent me recipes :) :) I went through the recipes received so far last night and we are off to a running start. I was so excited! And hungry.

However, we are in MAJOR NEED OF MORE RECIPES!

If anyone is interested, a suggestion that some of you have already done, e-mail your family and friends and ask them for recipes too!!!!! You can also ask people in your doctor's office, support group, etc.

Send recipes via PM or to andreascheff@cox.net

Not only will you be doing good for LCSC by participating in this fundraiser, but you are doing a personal mitzvah to me by providing recipes. My virtual diet, eating lunch through your recipes when I check e-mail at work, is working!!! I have lost some weight--I have tons more to lose, so keep on helping!

Bumpity bump do la do, bumpity bump, do la do.

Yup, singing out loud as I typed that. Brian looking at me like I REALLY lost it. He is probably thinking what are those fertility drugs doing to her :shock:

I am getting recipes from the ladies at the obgyn. Yay! :):):)

Jane, what a great idea! I bet many nurses and other medical staff would be flattered to be asked. It's an easy way to help people they really care about, too. I've also asked friends, and have a few of my own (although I don't cook that much) on their way to Andrea (as soon as I finish typing them up). I'm so glad she's doing this!

BeckyCW

Andrea,

Give me a couple of days and I'll get a bunch of recipes off to you -- they'll be a real "mishagaz", ranging from ordinary, run of the mill American cuisine, a few kosher style recipes, French style recipes to Indian recipes (spent four years of my childhood in India). I'll have to type them up but if you want them, they're yours!

Ellen

Thanks everyone!

I agree Jane, asking people for recipes is a good way to thank them. People want to help, and they don't know how, so I have found that when I asked people for recipes, they just got really excited :) It is a win-win! Plus when people have their name with a recipe in the book, they will probably watn to buy one :)

Just an FYI, you don't have to type them, you can PM me and I can give you a fax or snail mail if you want to send handwritten and I can type :)

And Ellen--mishagaz is great, that is what the whole book really is : ):) Just a bunch of tried and true recipes as they say. If you lived in California I would hook you up with my mom, you would be friends, and she would be happy to have someone to use Yiddish words with :)

I am going to sleep over night at a sleep study clinic tonight and my mom will be in the room next door b/c she too is getting a sleep study test. We are not looking forward to it. We prefer to sleep at home. This has nothing to do with LC or recipes, but it was an excuse to bumpity bump, bumpdy doo

Ry--John was a good boy and sent me recipes yesterday :)

Ginny---BRILLIANT. Like a Real Life Tips from Real Life Survivors, love it!!!!!!!

So I had the sleep study, dont get the results till I see the dr, but I know I dont have severe sleep apnea b/c they wake you up if you have it to wear the machine. I am a kicker though they said, as if I didn't already know, poor Brian :)

My mom---they had to wake her at 2:30 to give her the sleep apnea machine mask, so now she has to get one for at home to try it out. She was not too happy and I was like I think you have gone through much worse ;)

LOL - I don't know, Andrea....how would you sleep with a vacuum cleaner attached to your face?? Makes the wearer sound like Darth Vader...and brings on teasing by the other spouse.... From what I've heard, the machine takes some getting used to...but it sure has helped MY sleeping since someone else got one...

Becky--I think it makes you look like Darth Vader too, at least that is what my mom looked like this morning when I saw her with it on before they unhooked her :) Not sure how good she will do with the machine. Part of the problem is that she is so not into this sleep apnea thing. She only went for the test b/c the oncologist wanted it and we worship the ground he walks on so much that if he says jump, she says how high :)

Andrea,

I'm emailing you a bunch of recipes today and I still have some more to come. I'm attaching them as a word document -- hope you can download them. If not let me know and I'll just paste them into the email. Also didn't know about formatting, so just sent them along, with my name attached at the end of each recipe. If you want changes made, let me (and others who are sending) know and I'll be glad to do whatever!

Bumping this up one more time!

Ellen