Found This Site Today

bengel

Two years ago today at 2 am my wife drove me to the ER thinking I might be having a heart attack. It was our 35th anniversary. Tonight is our 37th. After getting the OK from the ER Doctor (a former high school student of mine) he sent me home and said my primary care doctor will call me. Three days later he called and said there was a spot on my lung. He was surprised because I had been under his care for over 20 years. He ordered a broncoscopy with a pulminary doctor and from there the journey began. I was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer carcinoma, Stage IA. I knew I needed a theme verse because of what happened to Job, so Romans 5:3-5 became my goal, "... but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perserverance, perserverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not dissapoint us, because God poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." After 6 rounds of chemo, 35 days of lung radiation, right middle lobe lobectomy, and 15 days of brain radiation I show no signs of cancer. Excellent doctors, medical personnel and support from family and friends have allowed me to write this today.

What fantastic news to bring to this message board. It sounds like you will be a welcomed addition with all of your LC experience. So let me get this straight - you start with suffering, and have to go through perserverance and character to get to hope? I think I'd be more likely to go straight from suffering to hope - hope like heck the suffering goes away real quick. nyuk, nyuk, nyuk. Welcome to the message board.

David P.

Welcome and a very Happy Anniversary ( wedding) and a very Happy Anniversary ( 2 yr survival). What great news! and to think you helped educate a kid that saved your life! :D Please stay with us and share that hope! That verse is very meaningful. Thank you. Keep us posted. Donna

Guest Estrea

Welcome. Wow, what a story. I am so glad you are OK and it is an early stage diagnosis. I am 4 1/2 years from mine and in those days we didn't have chemo prevention for IA patients so I didn't experience what you did...just the lobectomy. You are very courageous and I hope you find our little community a good place to be!