feeling quilty

barbara5452

quilt and lots of it, have I forgotten the fear? Or has stress gotten me where I am ? I thought I was stronger and could vear the devil the other direction. Yes after all I have been through my husband of age 48 may have cancer of the stomach and what do I do while we are waiting biopsy results, I light up a cigeratte. What is my problem thats what got me to where Im at. 2 weeks now awaiting the appt with the gastro doc for him to find out his results and I'm up to 3-5 cig aday for the past 2 weeks. I had not smoked since my surgery and here I am. I pray to God every night to help me find the strength to not smoke the next day, any words of advise ? Please pray with me that tomorrow I can face that Devil and walk away.....

I am so sorry for all you are going through.

Fighting that devil is very hard. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't want a cigarette.

But right now we are going to rebuke that devil and stomp on him. He is under our feet. We will pray to break that curse of smoking from you now. Feel it, the curse and the devil are broken. You can lay the cigarette down.

God Bless you,

Barb

3-5 cigarettes isn't even a pack, so buying a pack sets you up with a "supply" for at least four days. Stop buying them. Can't light one if you don't have one...

Find something to do with your hands while you are waiting - crocheting, knitting, cross stitch, needlepoint, handheld video game (video slots/poker, etc. all of $5.99 at the ol' Wal-Mart)... Something inane for you to do that keeps your mind and your hands engaged....

...and throw out the cigarettes. You can't buy just one at a time, you're setting yourself up for a failure of more than one smoke when you purchase the pack.

Stop beating yourself up, the guilt you are heaping on isn't helping you. You've quit once, quit again. Keep quitting....

I wish you luck and tenacity,

Becky

Barbara,

You will quit, I know you will... you are going through a rough patch and this is your security blanket right now... problem is.... its not a healthy one (which you already know). DO NOT come down too hard on yourself, just the mere fact that you wrote this post, makes me absolutely confident that this is just a temporary set-back... I have every confidence you will walk away from those cigs.... I pray everything is okay with your husband.... Love, Sharon

I watch my mother fight everyday to quit smoking. I ask myself everyday why don't you start smoking again now that you are stage 4, your dieing, might as well get your friend back to help you get throught your fears.

I know how hard it is, I know how hard the stress is! I know that it's almost 1am and I'm sitting here wondering what to do, wishing for a cigarette and it;s been 10mths but i'm stressed.

Hang in there and try again!