Biopsy the other day

Guest Corwin

Guest Corwin

Well, that was a new experience all the way around.

I really had no idea what to expect, so I was open to new ideas. I realized that it was a needle biopsy, but I figured, hey! How bad can it be???

Well, it was a CAT scan guided biopsy which made good sense, as they had to be accurate with where the sample had to come from. It ended up taking the better part of the day because I had to have an IV, they administer a sedative, and there has to be a follow up chest X-Ray to make sure the lung doesn't collapse. (I wasn't aware that a needle could actually collapse a lung!) The Doc did the biopsy through my right back, and it hurt for a while that evening, but is only a little sore today.

Anyway, it went well, the only real problem I had is that in the rush, I neglected to tell the Doc that narcotics make me violently sick to my stomach. In the past they have given me anti-emetics, but not this time. My bad. Anyone have a suggestion for a good anti-emetic that you can get OTC? The only thing my wife could find was meant for kids, and it didn't do much good...

Anyway, the pathology will be back late Friday and I have an appointment with the Oncologist on Monday morning. We'll find out then what's what, and go from there.

In the meantime, I feel pretty good today and I've got lots to do...

Corwin,

Sounds about par to me. I am sorry you got so sick. My lung did collapse and it wasn't fun, but in a few days things were back to normal. I will be looking for your post in General to see what cell type etc you are looking at. The best of luck to you. I hope it turns out to be an infection.

Welcome to the club no one wants to join. We are a big family here and we try to take care of each other. Ask if you need anything or have any questions. That is what we are here for. Again, welcome to our growing family.

Nina

Sorry to hear about the reaction to the med's. It's hard enough dealing with the emotional stress of waiting for the results but to add the other to it - Ugh!

Hang in there, I will be keeping my fingers crossed that you receive good results.

Wendy

Corwin,

I'm wondering why you got a sedative, I didn't! I didn't want to be anywhere near awake during the procedure - they nixed that right quick. Just ain't fair, darn it all!

I hope you're feeling better soon - remember to take it a bit easy for a couple of days...no power lifting, no housework (hey, THAT worked at my house - LOL)...

Take care,

Becky