We're home!!

mamasbabygirl

Wow! What a looong day! We were forewarned, but it was still long. Mom's brain radiosurgery went well. The poor thing had the screws in her head from 7:15am until 5:00pm tonight. She said she was never so happy as when they took the "halo" off.

They did find more mets with the more specialized MRI, 4 total (when they thought there were only 2), but they were able to zap all of them successfully. She will have a repeat MRI in 3 months to see if it was successful. She also has her last Alimta treatment this upcoming Wednesday. Finally, she has some hair growing in we noticed this week.

What a ride the treatment is, but well worth it I'd say. Mom's 1 year anniversary of her diagnosis is May 4 and while the other 14 or so girls are living it up in Gatlinburg, we are hanging onto each other.

I was dicussing with my stepdad today that I want to plan something very special for us around June or July. Treatments and their side effects should be over, so I want to celebrate.

Thanks for all of your prayers. Love, Lori