Tired feeling?

Jay

Thank you SO MUCH everyone for your messages here and your e-mails (Norme, Anaïs, etc) I'm sorry I acted like I did the last time. I appreciate all your suport.

I'm doing "OK" you could say. I am done with chemo for now. I feel so tired though. That is normal, right? Can anyone tell me? :( I feel so tired all the time, I have no energy at all. I've been sleeping a lot.

Jay, I imagine you are still recovering from your surgery and the shocks in your life. This is enough to be tired. But the chemo definitely saps your strength for a while. Even after you complete the treatments, the chemo will continue to work and make you tired for a while. Hang in there, guy! Don

Guest DaveG

Jay:

Being tired is part of chemo. I had my 4th cycle 2 weeks and ago and I have yet to recover my energy. I even have not had the ambition to play golf and the other day, when I did play, it was an effort. I have been told that as you come off chemo, you will eventually return to "normal".

Hi my dear Jay,

So glad to see you post today. I know you are feeling better even though you don't have much energy as yet. don't fret about it for your body has gone through a horrible experience. I should think it will take it a good 6 months or more. Maybe some on here who have gone through all of this a few years ago can tell you how long it took them to recup.

One think my dear Jay, whether you feel like it or not start to get some exercise. I do believe that is what is keeping my buddy with me today. When he started to do a little walking, it was just out in front of our house. Now, even though they say his has gone to the liver, he is still out walking two to three times a day and he goes a good 5 blocks which is more than i can say for myself. He said it has helped him tremendously (spelling was not one of my things years ago and still isn't)..ha ha....he also said it was extremely hard at first that he didn't think he was going to be able to keep it up but each few days got better. Please try this. you are young and you need to start to built yourself up a little at a time....God be with you.

Jay,

Glad your O.K.. The chemo is exhausting. I will do another round of 6 treatments in a week and am really dreading it. All I could do was sleep straight for a couple of days after getiing the marathon chemo Cisplatin. Jack would come in the room to turn me every few hours and take my temperature. I wouldn't even wake up when he did this! Ha! Normally I am an insomniac. You will get you energy back soon. Hang in there!

Cheryl

Jay,

Exhaustion is normal from chemo. --- unfortunately. That's probably the thing first and foremost that everyone on this message board writes about all chemos. So what you're feeling is "right". Just take it easy and listen to your body. Don't push yourself too much. In time, you'll return to the "old" Jay though you might not believe it right now. I hope you're getting a bit of "pampering" -- I think all people on chemo need and deserve this.

Please keep in touch with the Board. I have two sons myself and have been always watching for your posts though I'm not a regular responder. By the way, you're a good looking kid! Love that picture of yours.

Take care and rest up.

Gail

Jay

I agree with Norme to exercise even if you are very tired. You will feel better after. Don't over due it, just walk briskly and lift some weights. Sometimes I dread starting to exercise but when I am done I feel better overall and usually not as tired as before I started.