Don't know really what to post yet....

KerryToo

I had to fill out the first of many "beneficiary" forms today and just broke down after filling in a few lines. I just can't do this yet - I miss my best friend - My Mom. We were best friends from the time I was about 16 and I'm 44 now - don't know what to do. I miss her so much. I keep trying to pick up the phone for our usual 3, or 4 times a week phone call. So sad :cry:

I know just what you mean about wanting to pick up the phone and call them. :cry::cry: I did that for a long time after I lost my mom/best friend. It hurts and it hurt a LOT!

I also felt very strange having lost my dad and then the loss of my mom. I felt so alone! Kind of like an orphan?! I know it sounds strange but it was really a very sad and lonely feeling. It got better as time went on, and I got over that feeling.

Your pain and loss is so new, just let it run it's course. We're here when you need us.

((((((KERRY TOO)))))))

I know how very much you miss your mom. Filling out paperwork and actually seeing things in writing really seems to bring on the cold reality of what has happened. My time came when I was doing those first income taxes after Dennis died and having to select the box that said widow. I'm sending lots of hugs your way.

(((Kerry))),

I do know just where you are at this time. I cannot really add anything to what others have already said. Connie and Katie offered excellent thoughts about it. Just know we are here and MANY of us have been in your shoes. So come a grieve and share when you feel the need.

Kasey

When my Mother passed away from Lung Cancer one of my brother's had her phone number transferred to his home. He did it so that on those moments when something would happen and we would all reach for the phone to call Mom, he would be on the other end of the line for us when it hit us that wasn't going to answer. He kept her phone line open for us until the calls eventually stopped coming. Took a long time, and to this day every once in awhile I catch myself picking up the phone.

Sending Hugs, Kerry. Lots of hugs.

I know exactly how you feel. My Mom passed away just 2 days before yours. I just got the death certificates and am now starting to deal with all of the paperwork involved. What I'm really not looking forward to is cleaning out her home. Just thinking about brings tears to my eyes.

Hang in there and just take it one day at a time. That's what I've decided to do.

Patty

I appreciate the kind words and suggestions. You'd think by now I'd be a professional in dealing with the aftermath of losing a loved parent/in-law to LC. It's been a very tough time losing all 4 in the past 5 years...but it was never "my Mom" - that seems to be the hardest blow of all to take.

I find comfort in knowing that she and my wonderful Dad are together again without ailing bodies, but souls with wings. I know he's been waiting a long time for his life partner to be with him again. So, for this I am happy.

Thanks for the support.