siezures

troy

First I would like to thank everyone for their replies to my other posts. On Thursday we found out my moms latest results which seemed OK. Her main tumor had grown slightly and nothing else really showed up. Unfortunately they only did the CAT scan from the neck down. Yesterday she had 2 seizures and was hospitalized. They found she had some lesions to the front part of her brain. The ER dr said that these are treatable. Is this true?? I know this is bad news but can she continue to have hope. Thanks.

I just had tx for a "head full" of brain mets. "More than a dozen" was all they said. All that is left now, is the two largest that were pretty small even in the beginning...and the radiation continues to work for a while so I'm hopeful that these two are ALSO on their way out.

It's pretty scary, I'll admit...but treatable and I really didn't have much problem with side effects. A little short term memory issue and some minor balance problems....but I tend to be a klutz anyway. :roll:

A brain MRI will more clearly define what your mom is dealing with....and radiation is the first line of defense. Good luck and let us know how things go...but tell your mom, the radiation is really nothing to be worried about. Getting rid of the mets is what matters!

Troy,

My husband had a 3.0cm x 3.5cm tumor that was crushing his brain stem. After radiation treatments this tumor is no longer visible on his latest MRI :) , so yes these tumors can be dealt with.

My prayers are with you and your family.

Debbie

Husband Alan DX small cell lung cancer Jan 10th 2005