I miss you Dad...

Pam

Two years ago today, I lost my dad. October 27, 2003...the worst day of my life.

I have this perfect memory of my dad, back when I was about 6 or 7 years old. We were on a summer vacation, at a campground. This campground was pretty nice, as I recall, it had a swimming pool, gift shop, etc. I remember my dad carrying me into the pool, and I was so scared of the water, so I clung to his strong arms. He was so gentle, trying to coax me into relaxing a little, holding me carefully in the water and moving me around. After a while, he sat me on the edge of the pool, and I watched as he jumped back in and swam laps back and forth. I remember clearly, how I thought he was the strongest, most handsome, brave, wonderful, best Dad in the world!!! I was so proud, that he was my Dad!!

Then my dad took me into the gift shop, and I remember his smiling face, those warm brown eyes I loved so much, as he smiled at me and said that I could pick out anything I wanted, anything at all, as a souvenir. He let me take my time, looking at everything, but what I really wanted was this tiny little bottle made out of clear glass that had a penny inside of it. Remember those? The penny can't get out, because of the bottle neck. He laughed and said "Whatever you want sunshine....."

I was on top of the world - I was my Daddy's Princess!!

Thank you Dad - for being my Hero, my Fearless Leader, for being the best Dad you could be, for making me feel so special and so protected....and so so loved.

If you can hear me, please know how much I love you and miss you.....with every breath I take I still ache for you, and wish I could bring you back to us. I'm so so sorry this happened, how I wish I could change it.

I love you so much Daddy......

Pam...It doesn't seem possible that it has been two years sicne you lost your dad. I am so glad that you have such happy and loving memories of your dad. Don't you wish every child in the world could be as lucky as you were? It's those great memories and happy times that live on in our hearts and minds and get us through all the pain and sadness! Sending you hugs! ((((((((((((((((((Pam))))))))))))))))))))

Pam,

I'm sure he heard you, he must be near you

loving you.

Keep him alive by the memories you have of

many events in you life with your father,

tell those souvenirs to your children, so they

know how sweet and good their granddad was.

Love

Jackie

Pam,

That was so nice. You can really "hear" the love you had for your father. I can't help but think of my dad while I was reading about yours. Just keep remembering all of those wonderful memories of your wonderful dad. It warms my heart to see the great picture of your dad.

love,

jorja