NY LC Awareness Month!

bunny

well, after the woman from the American Cancer Society told me authoritatively that Nov. is NOT LCAM, I wrote Gov. Pataki an email. Lo and behold, I got a big schmancy official proclamation in the mail! :D

I'm not sure exactly who did the advocacy for it, but they did a great job - I like the language - only one paragraph about smoking, and it talks about the disparity in funding for reasearch. I'll try and find time to transcribe it.

what do I DO with this big ol' thing anyway!?

xoxo

amie

Please tell off the person at the American Cancer Society! Send her a copy of the declaration! Call the news paper would be another idea or ABC news that the American Cancer Society was wrong! They advocate for all other cancers , why not for us!

I know, isn't it shocking!? she was selling her little pink key chains at an event one of my clients was having, telling me the only "lung cancer" event in Nov. was the Great American Smoke Out. oy.

she was actually really open to my getting involved in some of their work as "the lung cancer voice" so I want to 'tell her off', but as a segue to greater involvement by them.

we can change this. we HAVE to!!

xoxo

amie