Update on mom

mamasbabygirl

Well,

the doppler showed there is a blood clot in mom's foot, so she has been having regular shots of lovenox all day and is having a filter put in right now. I had to get my boys do I had to leave and I want to be there with her. Maybe I can go back later. Dr. that visited today said that she can ask the visiting Dr. tomorrow if he will allow her to leave the hospital tomorrow evening for the Elton John concert. He said he thought it would be OK.

What do you guys think? Is she going to be in pain in the groin and leg now too from the filter being put in? Would it be safe for her to get out and about while the clot is still there?

Just wanted to update you guys and send my love and prayers to each and every one of you.

Thanks for being here for me.

Love,

Lori,

Once the clot is there and hasn't moved, the body starts rerouting the blood vessel around it. It's no longer a threat, but could still be painful and cause swelling until the healing process has time to work. Weight-bearing makes it take longer. Charlie's leg clot took a lot longer to heal than the one in his arm.

Hope she's able to go. Praying for her and you. Take care.

Hi Lori,

Missed this update yesterday. Sounds like your mom is in good hands. I feel sure the doctor wouldn't let her go to the concert unless it is safe. Sure hope you can go and it will be a perfect night. I have to admit that I'm more than a little envious of you guys seeing Elton John in concert... Sounds awesome.

Love,

Sue

Hi Lori,

Was not one yesterday so I missed your post about he blood clot in your moms leg. I am so sorry to hear that, but also so relieved you had that checked out and it was the problem. You are lucky they found that before it did damage to her heart.

Waiting to hear if you guys went to the concert? I sure hope so and that she was okay. If you went how was it and was your mom surprised about the Limo. Let us know when you can.

Maryanne