Congestive Heart Failure.. Oh my!

cindi o'h

Geeez Cindi - I don't check in for a couple of days and see what happens????? I'm glad you listened to all that nudged you to go to the ER. You know by now that waiting only makes it worse.

It does sound scary, but glad you can "pee it away"! So very happy it wasn't a pulmonary embolism. I'm still giving myself a shot of Lovenox every day for mine. It really sucks....but everything about this disease really sucks!!!!

Sorry I wasn't there for you, I'll try to check in everyday! :D

TAnn

"I would rather have a big burden and a strong back, than a weak back and a caddy to carry life's luggage" -----Elbert Hubbard quotes (American editor, publisher and writer, 1856-1915)

Yeah, well, I'll tell you what, Elbert. My friend Cindi has a strong back but she'll take that caddy once in a while. And thanks so much for sharing! :roll:

Cindi,

I looked it up on the net, and it does sound worse than it is. You can "pee it away," apparently. So, I'm not scared for you like I was at first. Just peeved that you have one more stupid thing to deal with.

Will send you a copy of a good book to help with this problem - "The Yellow River." You know it? It's the one written by I. P. Freely.

Leslie

Cindi-

Just caught this. I don't visit the NSCLC forum as much as I should. Sorry to hear of your recent troubles, but sounds like you heeded the great advice from the others and had it all checked out. Great to hear you can pee CHF away. I'm sure there are concoctions out there, beer possibly being one, that support urination production. Hang tough Cindi, you're another fighter!

Cindy, glad to rerad you are doing better..BUT wanted to remind you that in taking lasix, you need to be sure and get enough potassium!!! this is very important...also CHF doesn't just show up as swelling in hands and feet..in women also in our stomachs....I have been to the Dr. with CHF and because he knows I can treat it myself, he has let me go home....and come back in a few days. If you have ANY problems breathing...call 911 immediately!!! It is nothing to fool around with. I have an implanted ICD along with all of this, so I've been down this road a few times...

take care and prayers for continued healing

Stephi

I know I'm late in this, but wanted to share this one...

My grandmother was diagnosed with CHF around 1980. Couldn't cross the room without panting. Retired on full disability. Got in touch with a new dr. who straightened out her meds and diet.

She died 20 years later of Alzheimer's. CHF was no factor in her health in all that time. Just minor medication and watchfulness. Take courage.

You can do this, so relax. Just make sure the potty is always in reach :wink: .

Hey there bartender....pickled asparagus??? Sounds interesting! So sorry I didn't respond earlier to your post! I'm still trying to recouperate from cooking and cleaning! I am so very glad you saw your own doctor and got your medicine cabinet restocked! I'm sure this little problem will be under control in no time. My mom was diagnosed with this problem once and it never was even mentioned again. I think the words are very scary to hear but the condition is very manageable! You're such a tough cookie...! I have all knids of faith that this is just a wee little setback! I'm saying lots of prayers!!!

Hi Cindi...I thought I popped over here but it's obvious I haven't dropped in for a note to let you know I care. CHF is a treatable condition if you catch it early enough. I know you can handle this one....just like the others. Keep yourself in a "Go Get'em" mood.

Sorry to be late here. Don't forget the bananas. They gave you supplemental potassium to go with the Lasix, yes?

Keeping fingers and toes crossed that you are doing well on the official "Go With The Flow" drug...go being the operative word.

PS No fancy buckets in my world. Just your basic rubbermade wastebaskets. :roll: