Tough going this cycle

marym

Hi All,

It's been a few tough weeks for me - first a lot of aches and a extremely swollen feet. I gained 20 lbs in a week - all water gain. (Lost it the next week).

I took a diuretic that may have upset my stomach - whoever knows which of the dugs cause what? Anyway after this weeks chemo on Thursday I needed red blood transfusion and I wasn't able to eat or drink until this morning. I couldn't keep down the anti nausea medicine. So far today, I've had a pain killer, some ginger ale and 1/2 banana.

I'm feeling so awful and yet I'm hungry and thirsty. I go again for chemo on Thursday - but I don't know if I can stand to feel like this for much longer.

Maybe I need a break. My next CT is 12/19 and I'm thinking even if there is shrinkage, I might ask for a break. I don't know...I just need to feel more like a human.

Sorry for the whining...I've been feeling pretty well until the last 3 or 4 weeks, so I shouldn't complain.

Hope to report better next week. Thanks for listening to my complaints.

Mary

Mary, I am so sorry to hear you're having such a tough time right now. I hope some of the advice you have gotten from other members will be helpful. I can send hugs, say prayers and assure you that you're NOT whining. Hey...listening is something I am always glad to do. What part of Florida are you in, Mary?