Geri's Hot Crab Dip

ginnyde

Geri...I'll have to try that one, also. I just love spinach. This is so funny beacuse as a child, I hated spinach. My mom used to tell the funniest story about me, as a baby, and spinach. She had just cleaned her kitchen (everything white), scrubbed the floor, bathed me and put me in the high chair. She gave me a big bite of baby food (spinach) and I instantly puckered my lips and made a big spewing noise. My mom said there were little green specks all over me, her and the kitchen. Everywhere she looked for days, she would find a little green speck. Funny, now I love spinach!!!

On Saturday I am taking Addie's BP's Nummies (pg 2) and Geri's crab dip to a potluck at my favorite antique shop. My hope is that everyone will want the recipes and then I can sell some more cookbooks. :wink: I have some left from our Christmas sale. Also, I made Randi's banana bread on page 115 and my kids loved it.

Ry our m inds work alike. I am annoyed at my friends, I sent out an e-mail about the cookbooks, I of course mentioned it two more times in updates about my mom, and not as many as I hoped will b uy.

Since I NEVER cook, the fact that I am cooking something maybe will get someone to say "wow, that is good" and I will get to say YES THE COOKBOOK!!!!!

Did you all know that corningware tells you the sizse of the dish on the bottom? This way I knew what 1 quart was :):):)

There is as HUGE problem with Geri's crab dip :twisted: I am outraged that she did not place a warning :evil:

I just prepared it b/c I am having people over tonight for an annual gift exchange among some friends.

Why was there no warning that it is SOOOOOOO good even cold that it is HARD not to taste and taste and taste and taste before refrigerating????????? I am not very good at will power!!!!!

Thank g-d I almost tripled the recipe ( I got a can of crab from Costco and didn't know how many cups it was b/c I am not a cook so conversion in head did not work).

There better be some left over for my mom to taste tomorrow!

I made this today too Andrea. I put in green onions instead of regular because I had extra after making Addie's recipe. Being a vegetarian I didn't get to taste the crab, but it looked and smelled wonderful. Everyone loved both of them.

At the top of the General forum there is an announcement on how to order the cookbooks. If you need them before Christmas let Andrea know so she can ship them faster than media mail.

You won't be sorry-- everyone I have given these to absolutely goes nuts over them.