What I've learned along the way

trishnmiller

1. The statement that he/she is "not a candidate for"

whatever procedure you are asking about is the opinion of one doctor. Pick up your scans, go to the source, and ask again.

2. Doctors are Human Beings. There are good ones and bad ones and incompetent ones etc., etc.. they come in all sizes and colors, like shoes and you can change them, too.

3. Sickness brings out the best and the worst in people. You find out who your friends are. I try to embrace them and forgive the others (even if they are family).

4. I know that no matter what happens nothing remains the same. I try to savor the joyful moments and suffer the sad ones but keep the truth in my heart that everything will change.

5. I have come to understand the beauty of "One Day at a Time"

6. I trust God and believe that His will is done. I may question the timing or the reasons but I do know that everything will be OK, eventually.

7. Trust your gut. If you think something isn't right your probably right...right??

Trish (everybody jump in here)

Hey Trish,

You have really hit the nail on the head. What to add? HMMMMMM

Live everyday like there is no tommorrow. Remember what your priorities are in life. Remember that prayers can be answered. Learn to love your neighbor and be empathetic of them. Give to others and you have contributed to your own happiness. And finally through the words of Mother Teresa herself, "Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face; kindness in your eyes, and kindness in your smile."

GOD BLESS MY LCSC family,

Jamie

I have learned to share optimism with pessimists, to share courage with those who are scared out of their wits and to reach out to others in pain.

On the flip side, though, I've learned that not everyone has empathy and that some people were jerks before they were diagnosed and are even bigger jerks now... How's that for optimism? :roll:

On the flip side, though, I've learned that not everyone has empathy and that some people were jerks before they were diagnosed and are even bigger jerks now... How's that for optimism?

Ahh so true. As a dear friend once said "You can sober up a horse thief but usually all you'll get is a horse thief that doesn't drink on the job"

Trish