Addie's obituary

Guest Mainiac

Guest Mainiac

From http://www.cornellmemorial.com/obits/ob ... tID/238927

Lizbeth Payne

September 21, 1946 - January 27, 2006

Lizbeth “Libby” Ryan (Aucott) Payne, 59, of Old Tavern Road, Newtown, devoted wife of Paul D. Payne, passed away peacefully at her home on Friday, January 27th. She was born in Portland Oregon on September 21, 1946, daughter of the late Thomas and Margaret (Michael) Aucott.

Libby was a devoted homemaker who maintained the family home. She was an active member of Newtown Country Club since 1987 and was past Tournament Chairperson and Women’s Club Champion. She was a former member of the Board of Newtown Scholarship Association, and loved rescue animals.

Most importantly, Libby was a loving wife and mother who lived by being a true, loyal and thoughtful friend with a fantastic sense of humor. Her personal philosophy was that it matters not how much you have or where you’ve been; but rather, who you have beside you.

In addition to her husband, Paul, she will be sadly missed by her two sons, David T. Payne of the New Canaan Police Department and his fiancé, Lena Onyshkewych, and Michael J. Payne of Chicago, IL.; her stepson, Timothy S. Payne and his wife, Stacy of Southern California; two grandchildren, Garrett and Austin Payne; her sister, Melinda Dahl of Olympia, Washington; and her inlaws, Homer and Beth Payne of Oregon.

Funeral Information

All Services will be held privately, the Cornell Memorial Home is in charge of arrangements.

Donations Information

In lieu of flowers, contributions in Libby’s memory will be graciously accepted at either Floria’s Pet Project, 38 Fairview Avenue, Naugatuck, CT. 06770; or to Danbury Hospital Development Fund, Praxair Cancer Center, 24 Hospital Avenue, Danbury, CT. 06810

:cry::cry::cry:

Impossible to sum up dear Addie/Lib's life! Maybe this should be added ~~~~~ Lib's answer as to a question of the day 'what you would want your epitaph to be'!!!! Leave it to her, huh :) ?

Love to you dear friend. We miss you :cry:

Kasey

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:20 am Post subject:

I hope they say, "She died with hair on her head!"

Beyond that, I'm pretty sure the main comments would be that I had a good sense of humor AND was a thoughtful and loyal friend. That I was generous...with my time and creative skills.

And I hope that people would feel I'd helped to raise two sons who - although they like beer and I could charge admission for a "Two Man Comedy Act" when they are together with a case of beer and a football game on the tube -are essentially very productive, responsible human beings!

Don't know who it was who had this on their tombstone...but I love it as an epitaph:

"SEE!! I told you I was sick!!"

Guest Mainiac

Kasey, thank you for posting that!

It's just vintage, quintessential Lib ... I can almost hear her saying it.

She had a way of being funny and thoughtful at the same time, and you've found a perfect example.

What wonderful spirit shining through her words, I treasure them all...thank you for finding that "Libism" to share with us this morning, Kasey.

Her words continue to be balm for my heart; poignant and wise, edged with humor.

And thank you to everyone for allowing me to grieve with you here.

~~Shelwyn~~