Question to menapausal women..

Maryanne

Stay away Frank!!

Katie, did not know where to post this. Please move it if you don't want it here.

This has nothing to do with LC, but just a question as there are so many women there who might have an answer.

I really have bad sweats and moodswings from Menapause and I opted to take hormones. I first took Premphase for 2 years, now he switched me to Prempro. All my paps and mammos have been fine.

I just read some nightmare about prempro and I really hate some of the side effects. It is really scaring me and I would like to go off.

What I am asking is, if anyone has really found relief from the over the counter stuff. If so what is it?

I am so torn as to continue this or go off and be miserable.

Thanks for your imput.

Maryanne

Sorry that you're suffering with the hot flashes and mood swings. They can be brutal. I never tried the over the counter pills but did get wondeful relief from bio-identical progesterone cream. I was prescibed this by a local physician and it was prepared at a compounding pharmacy. I believe it is available online but don't know about the quality or efficacy.

If you do a search for progesterone cream you'll find several web sites that will provide you with quite a bit of info.

Good luck and I hope you find something that will help you and won't cause any additional health risks.

Sincerely,

Antoinette

I don't understand this cream thing. I never heard of it. Do you inject that into your privates? :roll: Everyday... wouldn't that interfer with your sex life? :shock: If not where do you put the cream??? :?:

??????????????????????????

Maryanne :wink:

Put it anywhere you want, but not "down below".

I rubbed it on my bellly or arms and in the summer I used it on my legs after a shower.......saved on the body lotion!

You only use about a teaspoon of the one I bought.

There are usually directions on the jar or bottle.

Geri

I have found that plain old exercise works for me. The more I exercised, the less the hot flashes came. I also used the black cohosh a little, but you need to keep using continously for up to 2 months, but I kept forgetting to take it.