Could anyone recommend a good health insurance for Cancer?

quicken99

If I do indeed have lung cancer, I'd like to know what health insurance would be the best to have since I am not rich and wouldn't be able to afford the treatments.

What's the difference between PPO and HMO?

Should I get one with lower deductibles?

I highly recommend Blue Cross Blue Shield. you may qualify thru work or you can contact an insurance agent for info. They should be able to help. That is who Deb and I had prior to and thrru her bttle and they were great cost wise.

I have Cigna Healthcare, HMO. I continued with Cobra through my former employer. Make sure you get insurance BEFORE any diagnosis or they may not insure you. Pre-existing condition is what they call it. You may have, I believe a 2-3 yr waiting period before coverage will begin. Do you have coverage now?

Karen

Lower deductible is great but you will pay higher monthly premiums. I think PPO gives you more freedom in you treatment than HMO. HMO dictates what you can do and see for treatment I think Not positive though

I had United Health Care which was fabulous, but switched to my husband's Blue Cross/Blue Shield because they totally covered my doctor and hospital as a primary.

You definitely need to get insurance before you are sick, and laws vary from state to state as to who can be covered. You should contact either your employer or an insurance agent if you aren't employed to see what the laws are where you live.

Joan

Try Humana. They seem liberal enough with their coverage. They are one of the only ones who cover AIDS or HIV related illnesses so maybe they will cover cancer also. Mom got screwed by Pacific Care in AZ. I also think Blue Cross, Blue Shield is the best.. .but I am not sick, so it is easy to say.

good luck!