My God...

Fay A.

The One I believe in, is a God of love, and comfort. He has nothing to do with the bad things. He isn't the reason I have lung cancer. He isn't the Architect of that which is evil. He isn't the cause of these terrible things happening in my world and to my body. He loves me, just as much as He loves all other humans. He isn't going to make me endure anything bad in order to manipulate someone else to come to Him. He's the orginal "Good Guy". Sometimes He tells me "No", and that can be hard to take.

He doesn't play "Let's Make a Deal". I don't think He's out there saying "Well, she didn't pray just right, so she doesn't get what she wants." He doesn't expect anything from us save that we love Him, love one another, and try to be good to each other. He does comfort us, but we have to be willing to let Him.

He doesn't expect us to be perfect...who knows better than Him that we are "only human"? He made us. And He made only one Perfect Human.

This world is pretty spectacular, which is why I don't want to leave it yet. But this isn't all there is...

During my Mother's last conscious day of life on Earth I was praying that God would please let her live...And she was praying that He would let her come to Him because SHE was ready to go. He's such a wise God. He told her "Yes.", and he told me "No".

Fay A.

Dear Fay,

I agree with every word you wrote. I do not like to be told no...but I have learned to live with the nos and incorporate them into my life. I often tell my own children no...and my love for them is imperfect. God's love for us is perfect and he thankfully can see the bigger picture!

God bless,

Lynn

I went to Mass yesterday morning to offer up prayers for Connie and her physicians , our pastor Father Tim during his homily spoke exactly on that, our relationship with the father is not based on making deals. Must be a lesson we need to learn.

Fay Well written. I am in a down cycle at the present time and your words are very up lifting for me. It reminds me who is in charge. It also reminds me that each day is a new day and we must make the best of it ourselves.

Thank you

Thank you all for the kind words. Sometimes I think I'm coming across as "preaching" at people, and I do not mean to do that to anyone. I don't belong to a specific Church. I've attended a lot of different religious services and ceremonies over the years, and read up on others. I just have very specific ideas of who God is that have developed over the years.

Do you remember what it was like when we were small children, and we accepted the idea of God without question? It makes no difference if you were Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Bhuddist, whatever...when we were little we could accept the idea of God as a fact with no qualms...we believed in miracles because everything on this earth viewed through the eyes of a small child IS miraculous. Remember? It still IS miraculous.

I still think like a little kid. I've been told to "Grow up" on occasion, but I've decided not to. :) It's a conscious decision that allows me to find laughter during the day, and to sleep at night. I turn it all over to Him before closing my eyes...and as long as the physical pain levels are tolerable I can sleep.

Sweet dreams to you all.

Fay A.