Melatonin

gail

Is anybody taking it? I had heard years ago it was good for sleeping, and since I rely too much on tylenol PM (can't deal with the 8 year olds if I am tired), I decided to try it. Last two days I have woken up queasy, but the rest of the day is fine.

gail

Howard and I both take it about 30 minutes before we go to bed. It really has helped both of us sleep much better.

If my mind isn't playing tricks on me it seems a few weeks ago someone posted a vitamin regime that they were given by the Cancer Treatment Centers of America and melatonin was on the top of the list.

Howard takes 2 pills at night and I only take 1. It seems he needs a little more than I do.

Bonnie and Howard

Love melatonin. They say that it only works when your body is lacking it (which is why it sems to work for a while and then doesn't) -- I take it about a week a month...and just had my dad start taking it as well. I don't seem as drugged as when I take ambien or the blue bombers (tylenol PM.)

I take 20 mg a night. Not for sleep, but for immune boosting anti-cancer activity. A lot of research with positive results on high dose melatonin and anti-cancer activity. Do a google and a pubmed search: melatonin + cancer. You should get a lot of good information.

Not everyone can take Melatonin. I was told some people can get nightmares from it. My boss told me it makes him dizzy. I started out with 5 mg. and increased it monthly until I got to 20 mg. I've been on 20 mg/night now for at least 3 years with no problem.

Thanks everyone. I took one Sunday night, woke up as usual Monday morning, and threw up before I ever left the house. At that time I suspected the last piece of shoofly pie (ARE YOU READING THIS KASEY :lol: )or possibly the new allergy medicine I took that morning. Just got sick once, but I rarely throw up.

I took one pill again Monday night, slept well, but then again in the morning felt queasy but did not throw up. At that point I suspected the melatonin.

I do like the sleep I get with it, even better then my magic blue buddies. (tylenol PM) so I took one last night. I chose sleep over queasy. This morning there was no noticeable effects.

thanks again

gail