Cancer, aneurysm, etc..

Guest FiremansWife96

Guest FiremansWife96

Hi everyone, Karin here...as it turns out, there are 2 aneurysms - one small, one quite large. One is behind my Dads left eye, the other in the forehead area. The neurosurgeon told my parents that its hard to tell how long they've been there, but he thinks the big one is only a few months old. So, on Monday, my Dad will have a cranial angiogram. They will stent the small one, and coil the big one. The dr said that when chemo starts and should he have vomiting, that could cause it to burst...All that said, radiation could start on Wednesday and chemo the following Monday.....

What a roller coaster...

Karin

Oh Karin,

I'm so sorry for this added problem your dad is facing.

I haven't had any experience with anuerysms so I can't offer any advice, but you have my love and support. I will keep him in my prayers.

As far as nausea and vomiting from chemo goes, I would ask your onc about Emend as an anti-nausea agent. It is a little more expensive than Zofran and other more common anti-nausea drugs, but Keith took it when he was getting the highest doses of his most potent chemos and never developed nausea. It worked like a dream. It was 3 pills; one you take at the hospital when they administer the chemo and then one each morning for 2 days. They also gave Keith zofran quick dissolve pills for any breakthrough nausea during the day and for after the emend was done, but he Never needed it.

We are keeping you in our hearts and prayers.

Guest FiremansWife96

Carleen, for your support! My Dad hasn't started chemo yet, but I will jot down those anti-nausea drugs. His onc did say they'd give him whatever he needed to help with that....

And, wow, I read the history with your husband..I'm praying for you!

Karin

Karin,

I'm sure that the aditional news of the aneurysms was like a big, fat sock right in the kisser. I suppose you can look at this as "good news". Many don't know they have aneurysms until the damage is done. By the time they found my father's, it was too late.

I will double up on the prayers for you and your dad. Remember--the roller coasters soar up as well. Hope you are all soaring upwards very soon.

:) Kelly