SCLC clinics???

MarkVR

Hello all:

Sorry I haven't been active in awhile, been keeping very busy, I feel great, but I've had several PET scans, the latest on the 3rd of May. News was not as good as we had hoped. Showing some disease progression, but mostly centimeter or smaller spots. Doc let me start the sixth and final round of chemo, but said I shouldn't do the last two doses of Irinotecan because it seemed to be doing more harm to my blood than getting rid of the cancer. He suggests possibly starting Topotecan after letting my body recover from this chemo.

Does anyone know of a clinic that specializes in SCLC? I'd like to find one somewhere in the US where that is the main cancer they treat. I just keep getting the feeling that with all the other cancers going on in the hospital I go to, they don't seem that proactive with my case.

Any ideas?

MarkVR

Mark This is my first hit in a search for a facility

http://www.acor.org/cnet/200040.html

Contains general info and seems SCLC specific. Will do a little more diggin around though and let you know. Also Mayo Clinic and Cancer treatment center america come up but I did not link yet. still looking.

Mark,

I went to the Cancer Treatment Centers of America 2 months ago. Insofar as SCLC was concerned, it was prominent based on the total number of patients who had lung cancer. Regardless of what 'brand' of cancer you may have, they treat each one as if it's thier specialty.

Give them a try. I wasn't disappointed at all. To be honest with you, the best thing that I brought home with me was the names and numbers of others who have this disease. I keep in touch with them and we are all planning on meeting back there for staging. Go there, tell them your plight and they will certainly make you feel great.

Mark,

I don't know of one that specializes in SCLC off the top of my head, though I will probably look around. My dad is getting treated at Mayo in Rochester, MN, and his main doc is one of the best in the world. He was the only doc invited from North America to an international conference for lung cancer. He spoke there the week my dad was diagnosed. Best of luck to you! Also, I see your daughter graduated from SDSU...I am in South Dakota, but assume you mean San Diego State????

Mark do you have this book?

http://www.smallcelllungcancer-info.com ... lungcancer

It is on SCLC . It says it lists clinics and doctors that specialize in SCLC. Hope you have been tolerating your treatments so far.

Did you listen to my I Pod on the Discovery web site. You can hear my voice and see that Jay did marry a "girl" from Boston for sure.

Donna G