Needed: alternative therapy for nausea

Guest Summerflowers

Guest Summerflowers

My mom, who has nonsmall cell lung cancer, has problems with nausea and occasional vomiting. She is not on chemotherapy or drugs that would be expected to cause this. It also appears for digestion is not that great.

I'm wondering if there are some natural products she could explore with the doctor or ND that might help her stomach and digestion and make her more comfortable.

Thank you, Laurel

• 4 weeks later...

If I may kick In my 2 cents Found a couple of Reputable Links;

1)http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cancer-treatment/CM00002

This Is Reprinted Not A Link With a couple of Ideas

Home Remedies for Nausea

Nausea treatment by using non-carbonated syrup

By consuming 1 to 2 tbsp of any non-carbonated syrup would help to bring relief to your system. These syrup formulas contain carbohydrates which help to cool down the stomach.

Nausea treatment by using gingerroot

You can treat it by having two capsules of gingerroot. It will give you a quick relief and depending how severe is your nausea.

Nausea treatment by using ginger

You can use fresh piece of ginger in your tea and have it to get relief from this problem.

Nausea treatment by emptying your stomach

A simple and best way to ease out all your nausea troubles is by vomiting and ending this grueling procedure once and for all.

Nausea treatment by using different herbs

You can have a mild tea or have gingerale which help to soothe your stomach. You can also have slippery elm, red raspberry as well as herbal candies.

Nausea treatment by using tea

Peppermint or chamomile tea is capable of getting rid of the nauseating feeling.

Nausea treatment by using apple cider vinegar

Morning sickness is a very common feature among pregnant ladies. To avoid this nauseating morning sickness mix 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar with 1 tbsp honey. Mix it in cold water and have it before going to bed.

Nausea treatment by using wheatgerm

Having few teaspoons of wheatgerm mixed with milk every hour may help you bid farewell to the nausea from morning sickness.

Nausea treatment by using rice water

After boiling 1/2 cup of rice in 1 cup of water for 10-20 minutes, consume the rice water after draining the rice from it.

Nausea treatment by using cumin seeds

You should consume 1/2 tsp grounded cumin seed to find relief from nausea and vomiting.

Good Luck And Hope and Saying prayers.

Laurel,

I don't know much about this...but my first question has to do with acid reflux. Both my babies had this, and it appeared that their tummies were upset alot of the time. We had them on prevacid and it really helped. I have heard it mentioned here too. I know that is a med and not natural, but thought I would put it in there.

Let us know if you find out any more. God bless!

Jen