Brain Quiz......

Ann

I'll post these questions and let you drive yourself nuts for a little while before I post the answers.

This is a quiz for people who know everything! I found out in a hurry that I didn't. These are not trick questions. They are straight questions with straight answers.

1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw" and they are all common words. Name two of them.

7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?

8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.

9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter "S."

1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

the America's Cup or some boat race?

2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

Niagra Falls?

3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

Lettuces? Rhubarb

4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside? strawberries

5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

They make the two halves of the bottle separately. They toss the pear into the bottom half and put the second half on, thus sealing it in the bottle.

OR

They put the pear in the bottle before they make the neck smaller on the bottle.

Either way, it has to do with the production of the glass bottle rather than shoving the pear in the neck of the bottle.

6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw" and they are all common words. Name two of them.

dwarf, dwell, dwindle

7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?

comma,period, colon, semi-colon,quoations marks, apostrophe, parenthesis

8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh. Lettuce

9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter "S."

Shoes socks sandals skis skates

1. Chess? Not really a sport, though.

2. Niagara Falls.

3. Beans, but aren't they legumes, technically speaking? Don't know the second.

4. Pineapple?

5. The pear grows inside the bottle.

6. Dwayne and Dwight?

7. I got eight.

8. Lettuce.

9. Only got 3; slippers, socks, shoes.

This is tough and I'm at work.. supposed to be actualy working.. geez.

so far..

2. How about Mt. Rushmore.. it's got to be eroding..

4. strawberry

6. came up with the same as Eppie

7. coma, semicolon, colon, period, question mark, exclamation point, hyphen, quotes

8. cantalope

9. sox, shoes, sandels, skates, stirups?, skis

going to keep working on the rest..

Here goes nothing.

1)Is bingo a sport

2)

3)

4)strawberries

5) kind of like getting an egg inside a bottle. Heating the bottom of the bottle and let the sunction suck the pear inside

6) dwarf and ?

7) comma, period, semi colon, colon, apostrophe, quotation marks, exclamation points, question marks....

8) eggplant?

9) sandals, stockings, socks, shoes, slippers and sexty strapless heels

I'll think about it somemore and I'll repost if I think of anything.

How did I do? I didn't look anything up by the way. :wink: