Getting to Know You - July 26

Ann

Since it's almost time for school to start (at least here in Florida), I thought we should think back to our school days. What do you remember about your very first day of school? I will really have to put on my thinking cap to try and remember this far back.

We had lockers, and one of the little boys didn't know the difference between the boys and girls bathrooms (Kindergarten had its own bathrooms). I remember thinking that Mrs. Clay, our teacher, had such beautiful skin, and I couldn't WAIT to be at the water table! OH! And we also all brought in old button-up shirts from our dads to use when we did messy crafts (buttoned backwards). I couldn't wait to put on my dad's shirt.

I had forgotten about the shirts!

:) Kelly

I really was excited about finally going to school. I was raised an only child, so the idea of having all those kids to play with was great. Of course, I thought school was all about play...lol! I didn't have the usual parent seperation anxiety that lots of little ones have when they start school, as my mom was a teacher at the school. I remember there was one little girl that cried all day long. I took her on as my personal "project" that day. Since I knew all about the school, I was able to show her all around. I had been going there with my mom during the summer, as she got her classroom ready.

Boy is that going far back :!:

The only thing I really remember is dreading lunch. I was a very picky eater and my brothers always talked about the school nurse making them eat everything on their plate. I don't know if I did or not. I just remember being terrified of that nurse!