I need your recipes by 9/15/06 for the new LCSC cookbook!

Andrea

Ladies and gentlemen,

We are beginning to collect recipes for a cookbook (second volume) to raise money for lung cancer

There are a few ways to contribue recipes: (Be sure to include what name you want posted in the byline of your recipe, ie using my name as an example: Andrea Scheff; Andrea; Andrea from California; etc)

1. Input the recipe yourself: Go directly to http://www.typensave.com/ Log in is: LCSCbook Password is: 3e3jm

2. E-mail your recipe to me at andreascheff@adelphia.net (or you can PM me)

3. Snail-mail your recipe to:

Andrea Scheff

PO Box 27124

Anaheim Hills, CA 92809-0104

Also, if you would like to include a photo in the photo montage page, e-mail it to me! Photos can be of anyone touched by lung cancer: lost loved ones; survivors, caregivers.

Thank you!!!

Andrea,

Just my thoughts.

I think we should be consistent in how we enter recipes. Like should ingredients be capitalized and if so, all the words or just the first one.

Also, I think that long instructions should be somehow broken into multiple paragraphs. One huge paragraph makes the recipe look very difficult.

Just one person's opinion.

I am so glad to see that we are doing another one. My hand is raised to volunteer where you need me.

Ginny---hahahaha, I am laughing b/c last night I was reading some and I was like uh-oh, inconsistent with the capitalization so I edited. If you log in today and go to add a recipe, you will see I added an instruction to do 1 stick butter, not 1 stick Butter :) I am going with the lower case since that is what we did last time.

Also, not all recipes have been edited that are there, it will be cleaned :)

As for the parapgrahs, while I agree 100%, that is how the softare does and it would cost more per book to have the paragraphs broken up, so not worth it. I already add to the cost per book b/c I love the 3 ring binder style we did last time instead of the soft back.

And thank you for the offer to volunteer! I will be in touch soon with how you can help.

Another just "informational" post. We didn't really do it last time (pretty much b/c I had no clue what I was diong at first). But this time, many people are putting their name as like: Joe Smith, Son of Bob Smith SCLC; or Joe Smith in honor (or memory) of Joe Smith.

However you want it to read is fine.

The website can get "buggy" at times.

When you get there, go to log in, put your name as Contributor, then next line is LCSCbook then next line where it says password is 3e3jm

I got your recipe by e-mail though, I will input it :)

Yes Ginny. Thank you. I have in-vitro mid/end March so I am so glad I am set up with volunteers :) I have just about the right number now.

Regarding your suggestion before with the lengthy paragrpahs, I was just inputting a recipe (shhh, I am at work) and if there are a lot of steps, since we can't do paragraph spaces, we can always number the Steps. this recipe came to me as 1. blah blah blah. 2. blah blah blah. There were 4 steps, so it is actually easier to follw.

Andrea,

I was going through old posts, and saw the one where uncle doug gave the recipe for onion soup...I think this should be included...

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:57 am Post subject: Thank you for being a friend

Uncle Doug

Creamy Onion Soup

Outback Restaurant

2 large sweet onions; sliced and quartered

2 Tbsp butter

¼ cup Wondra flour

1 14.5 oz can chicken broth

1 tsp sage

1 10.75 oz can French onion soup

1 10.75 oz can cream of celery soup

1 10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup

1 pint (16 oz) whipping cream (or ½ and ½)

1 8 oz pkg Colby/Monterey jack grated cheese

fresh ground pepper

Melt butter in large soup pot. Add onions and sauté over medium heat until soft and transparent. Add sage; stir. Add flour and stir until thoroughly mixed and roux is formed. Add chicken broth all at once and continue stirring until thick and bubbly. Add cream, pepper, French onion, celery and chicken soups; stir until mixed and heated through. Blend in cheese. Serve with croutons or crusty bread. Serves 6-8

I had this soup at the Outback restaurant one night at a company dinner. It was by far the best part of the meal. I searched the internet for a ‘copycat’ recipe, and although I found several, I developed this one as a quick and easy version. Tastes very close to the real thing!

You should have received 4 from me today in your e-mail as a Word attachment....that typensave was just too intimidating-looking for me to try!

If you have any trouble getting them, just PM me and I'll figure out another way to get them to you. Have a friend coming over later today that is digging around for some more. :D

Linda

• 2 weeks later...

There was a post sometime ago that listed things CANCER CAN NOT DO. I think it would be appropiate to include it in the book either as a seperate page (like the front) or on back of divider page. does anyone remember the post or have a copy? I have tried a search for it but can not locate it. I know I can get it where I had radiation cause I would read it at each treatment. Just an idea. :)

• 4 years later...

Andrea, I went to the link you offered to put in a recipe. I went back and forth several times checking the id LCSCbook and the password 3e3jm and the caps lock. There are three boxes, one asking how I want my name to appear. I tried the ID and PS with and without that filled in. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Judy in KW

• 2 weeks later...