can any tell about

yellowbow

Tarceva can be a miracle drug if you are one of the people it works for. It held my husband stable a long time. Does your husband have the tumor pressing on a vein near the heart or superior vena cava syndrome? That will cause him to pass out if he stands quickly, coughs, etc.

thank you for answering. I don't if it near the vein,but his neck is swollen,and i read somewhere this can happen if pressing on vein. John has next chemo on Oct. 4th this will be 3in a row every 3 weeks. than they will do a ct. Does anyone know how long after chemo do thay do the ct?

thanks

best

You really need to call the doctor about his neck. One of the signs of superior vena cava syndrome is swelling of the neck and face. They can radiate the tumor and shrink it off the vein. He should be seen quickly for this. Has he had any radiation yet?

Hi

John had radiation to brain for mets but not for lungs. said they can't do radiation . we were at center yesterday and they saw John. so maybe they think he isn't swollen. they gave him 6 to 1 year,but they seem to tell everybody this with nsclc.

We know the tumor was pressing and making it hard to breath and pain in chest. So they gave him pain patches and then he started to take chemo. At 1st he didn't want to take chemo. trying to keep up about all this,but very trying for him

bless

If your Doctor won't fight for John I would say find one that will. Nothing wrong with second opinion at all. there are many options for NSCLC. navelbine, gemzar, etoposide, tarceva, taxol, Many options. Radidation therapy is very good for a lot of therapies. Remember, Your Doctor has many patients, and you have to advocate for Johns Health. Keep us posted.

Hi Eppie

I'm sorry to read about your Dad. My heart go's out to you and pray's. thank you for the email.

John has gotten his 3rd chemo on Wed. Put on prednisone. Feels good off and on. will get ct scan on 10/23 I think they are going to do a brain scan too. I did ask the doctor about different drugs and what we all talked about on tue. and his white blood count is back to noraul.

stay

well Eppie

later

yellowbow

Hi Grace

Sorry to read about your husband. This is heart breaking way to meet,but at least we have people to talk to and make freinds. and also compair treatments. We have talked to the doctors about rataion. we have gotten it is too close to vitle orgens,too big of mass. John has in ln's too . They will see how this chemo went with ct scan 10/23 and go from there. The doctor talked about more chemo. and other drugs.

best to you Grace and Carlton

I'll pray for you's

later

yellobow

Hi Randy

Let me say again, I'm sorry to hear about your wife.

My pray's go out to you. Thanks for answering my email. John has made it with another chemo. Now on the 18 go for blood check and than 10/23 go for ct scan. They are going to have him drink that smoothie barium. He never had to do that before. This just scares me. But I guess they want to check his whole styem. He has a doctor from Bapitues of n.c.

Dr. Glenn Lesser. Hear of him?

Thank you all for emailing

I told John and he said that was nice.

take care

later

yellowbow

DEb had done the barium before, not always but once or twice as I recall. Baptist Med center is run by wake Forest University and is a top notch facility. Glad Onc is aggresively treating this. If white Fall make sure to get aranesp shot and if reds Fall get a Neulasta shot. Prayers!!