me

Guest helene

i'M NOT AS BAD AS MANY OF YOU AND i FEEL GUILTY ABOUT THAT. i FEEL THAT i HAVE BEEN READING SOME HORRIBLE MESSAGES AND i CAN'T RELATE. yES i HAVE HAVE HAD LUNG CANCER TWICE :( BUT i BEAT IT TWICE. iT DID NOT GO INTO MY OTHER ORGANS AND i FIND WHAT YOU ALL ARE WRITING ABOUT GOING OVER MY HEAD. i DON'T UNDERSTAND THE TERMIMOLGY AND SO i WONDER iF i REALLY BELONG ON THIS SITE. i HAD MY CANCER CUT OUT TWO TIMES,NO RADIATION OR CHEMO ON EITHER OF THEM AND THATS WHY i HAVEN'T DONE MORE IN WRITING ON THIS NEWSLETTER. mY CANCER WAS CONTAINED IN THE WALL OF MY LUNG AND WAS VERY SMALL. wHERE DO i BELONG ON THIS FORUM. rICK KEEPS SAYING THAT A MEETING IS BEING HELD ON THIS CHANNEL AND i SHOULD SIGN ON BUT WHAT WOULD i CONTRIBUE.

i DID FIGHT BACK FROM HORRIBLE SURGERY TWO TIMES AND NOW i CAN WALK AROUND WITHOUT 02 MOST OF THE DAY. sHOULD i CONTINUE TO FOLLOW THIS SITE?

WHAT SAY ALL OF YOU, i FEEL THAT i FELL BETWEEN TH CRACKS.

:?: helene

Dear Helene;

A GREAT BIG HELLO TO YA, :D:D I'd say if I got it right, that your a 17 YEAR SURVIVOR. :):) and how absolutely wonderful that is.

In my eye's you represent Hope and are an inspiration that this terrible disease is survivable. Please don't fall through the cracks you go to the top of the heap and post anywhere you would like. Certainly, in inspirational, cause you got my attention.

welcome and please tell us more

God bless and be well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

I would say that it is entirely up to you. If you want to join in please feel free to do so. You are the only one who can make that decision. Something must have drawn you to our message boards, maybe you can tell us the reason. We are all struggling with different stages of lung cancer in one form or another and we help each other out. You have been very fortunate but that is certainly no reason to feel guilty. I'm sorry you can't follow the terminology, unfortunately most of us have had to learn it by reason of the disease. If you feel that you have something to offer the group we would all be grateful.

Bess B

Great to have you onboard. How did you catch the second tumor. Was it on a routine exam or were you having problems? I know after 17 years you were not thinking about it day in day out like most of us do here who have only been associated with lc within the past few years...When does one stop worrying about lc within them? How long did it take you to get your life back to normal...I think we all would like to hear more....

Helene

You are what they call "a long term survivor." I hope you stay on this site because your story is what many of the 600 members of this site are looking forward to read; you are where they want to be. Just by posting your story you will give so many people here hope for their futures. When you have some time Helene, please take the time to post your full story - from beginning to the present - it may seem like it will be too long to post, but don't worry, folks on this site will read every word. Some will probable read it more than once. Stick around Helene, you're not stuck in a crack - you have an inspirational lung cancer survivor story and I hope you share it, and then help give some advice to those looking for it. You may not think so, but you have some experience in being a survivor. And for not knowing the cancer terminology, go back to the LCSC main page - there is a cancer glossary of terms at the bottom of the list in the upper right corner of the window. Take care,

David P.

Helene:

As you can see in my signature, I can relate well to 2 surgeries. On post surgical follow-up, 6 months after my 2nd surgery , they discoverd that I had several enlarged lymph nodes in my medial steinal area. When they did the PET Scan they discovered almost 85% of my lymphatic system was involved, and I was restaged to Stage IV. On Tuesday, 9/23, I will be scanned to determine how well the chemo did. The best I can hope for is stabilization. The doctor has told me she can not cure it but she can control it. When she said that she became the captain of my medical team.

Now that I and others have tols you some things about ourselves, we need to hear more about Helene. As David P. said, write a short story about yourself and post it here. You may also notice I have now survived 2 years of having lung cancer.

Dave Grant

Hello Helene,

I agree with the others, you are here to give us hope. What a blessing when we can read that someone can beat lung cancer twice and be a long term survivor!! My father is going this week for scans to see if he is ready for surgery, reading your post today has cheered me up!!!