so emotional

cmays82

Hi everyone. Yesterday I didnt go to my radiation treatment, which I only have 8 days left to take. I didn't go to my chemo treatment also. I am getting tired. I cant understand why since I am almost at the end of my treatments I dont want to go. I'm scared of what I might be told. I already know that after my treatments they still cant remove my tumor because of its location. So my tumor will always be there? I'm scared of what I will be told after my treatments are over. I'm just so depressed right now. I know I have came a long way, but not knowing what is going to happen scares me. I have a antidepressive med, but I am not suppose to take it because of my liver. I keep have the sweats. I have radiation treatment this morning I am going, I know its for my benefit. I am forcing myself to go. My appetite is changing again where I dont want to eat. I just dont know what to do.

Being scared is normal. By going to your treatment you can find out more and better plan on the way you will beat this. I had no surgery and my tumor is nothing but scar tissue. From stage IV to scar tissue to NED (no evidence of disease). So start thinking how you are going to make your tumor become scar tissue. None of us cancer or no cancer knows what is going to happen to us when we get up each morning. Just think of each day is bringing you one day closer to being healed. Keep us posted.

Stay positive,

Ernie

Listen to Ernie. Instead of worrying about something that may or may not happen, concentrate on being positive that your treatment is working to kill your cancer. It is fact that having a positive attitude will help you in your fight against this disease. Cancer can be beaten, you just have to believe that you can beat it! I am keeping you in my prayers. Hang in there, finish your treatments, and stay strong!

God Bless,

Sharon

Hi Cmays, Be sure to let your docs know you are pooped out. If you really can't go on, they might decide to delay your treatments for a few weeks.

But I urge you to try as hard as you can to finish. The radiation really zaps your energy, but this means it is killing the tumor too. You've got to try to fight as hard as you possibly can.

Just a few more treatments, then let your docs do the worrying about the next steps. :)

Prayers, Barb

This cancer is so scary. I use to have waves of panic to just come over me because I was so scared. I was scared to go to the doctor-afraid that he might tell me what I did not want to hear. Once I started to get chemo and radiation I was afraid for that to end because I was afraid that I would be left unprotected. I was afraid to go for surgery-because I was afraid the cancer had spread. I still am afraid sometimes. When it is time for my scans I am afraid that they may tell me the cancer has returned. Sometimes I have to take my anxiety medicine just so that I can count my Blessings. This is hard sometimes, but fight anyway. You don't owe cancer a thing so don't give it any advantage by not going for your treatment fight. Your emotions will also take your appetite away when you are afraid. Please fight this! You are not alone. We have all been afraid at one time or another or at many times and at times we still are. It is apart of the 'new normal'.

Prayers

Carol

"Die, Tumor, Die" and You can name the tumor after someone you do not like too. Try it. It may help. Sending prayers for you this morning.