A Giggle

bware21

I knew I was in trouble when I signed with a new primary care physician, my last "medical" act before being diagnosed with lung cancer. To avoid giving away the identity of this person I won't specify male or female. Suffice to say, I had an uneasy feeling when I saw the name ... FAUST. :)

How lucky was I?

Bill

Don,

I think it's about time I backed away from the message boards. Having just re-read your profile for the third time, there it is in plain sight. My only excuse is this: I've tended to "skim" over the profile sections because I don't want to focus in on anything that might be upsetting. A cowardly approach on my part, and one that has clearly backfired this time. Like I said, if I could delete this topic I would -- but I can't.

Bill

Hey man, Cut yourself some slack.

Nothing but love and understanding around here.

Lucie and Don are so loved here mentioning it again is merely stating the obvious.

We miss her but if there is one thing i know about this lovely lady and her very kind husband is that they are gracious and forgiving.

So just post again when you feel better.

Much love,

Eppie

Hi Bill,

Don't beat yourself up. If anyone understands it certainly is us and the first person would be our Don.

You have not been with us long enough to know many of us as well as Don and Lucie. Lucie was a very courageous lady and much of that came from the love and support from her longtime husband, soul mate Don.

You had no way of knowing as you were not with us at the time when Lucy passed. It was a sad time for all of us, so at least you were spared that pain, but on the other hand you will never really know them as a couple. That is part is also sad.

Many of us on here do not read all the profiles in posts. So you are not alone.

And you are so right they were an adorable couple.

So Bill its okay, trust me.

Maryanne :wink:

Eppie,

Thanks for the break, but still inexcusable on my part. I have no problem seeing the reality of my own situation (probably because it's unavoidable, otherwise I'm sure I'd avoid it), but I'm definately guilty of viewing the bigger picture offered by this site through a filter. I look at someone's photo and I look at the first few lines of their profile to see what it is they're dealing with ... but I'm hesitant to go to the end of the profile for obvious reasons (at least obvious to me). The joke is that most of the time it's the end of the profile that contains the good news, though sadly that's not always the case.

I need to be willing to look at everything, otherwise what's the point?

Bill

Bill, if you feel guilty about something you post---which happens to me lots here....I pay a silly penitent tax oer at the just for laughs thread. I post cute pics of kittys and puppies.

I mean no harm but I make mistakes. I am human.

For me this place is a place to be positive and hopeful. Luckily I have been forgiven. I do remember being fussed at by Fay A. for posting something that reallly was not so funny. And I have shaken a finger or (shot the finger at a one poster/poser) two. But not at you, darling.

I sometimes get a cyber bat and whack at cancer cells. I hates them so much. Warriors can only take so much before calling to arms.

I can tell you are one of the special ones who finds us here at LCSC. A verbose, expressive person who thinks with his fingers and sends his thought to others via the cyber waves.

You and your wife are most welcome here. Share and share as much as you wish.

WE are strong enough to absorb it.

Much love.

Eppie

Thanks for the support and advice, Eppie. Rather odd that the title of my original post was "a giggle" and it ends up being a comedy of errors. I know we all make mistakes, but I'll be making damn sure I'm more careful in future. Thankfully Don is an understanding guy, but my error could just as easily have caused him distress.

Bill

Bill,

As I am reading these post, I am giggling! Here, I click into your post, because I look forward to reading such eloquent words, and then I take a deep in-breath as I watch you stumble over Don and Lucie's situation, realizing that my in-breath is more for you than for them...as they understand how these boards go!

Lucie is most certainly with Don, and they most certainly are a cute couple...that will never change...no matter how God alters their picture!

Please don't stop posting! We look forward to your words.

Thanks Don for being so cool! One thing that never changes is how great you are!

Bill,

I never "knew" Lucie. But I feel like I do because I've read so much from Don and others. I a way it's like she is kept alive here, enough so that I feel like I'm still getting to know her.

So I think that is kind of a blessed mistake...look how our loved ones are still with us. There's another sign for you Don!

Bill,

I thought it was rather cute to follow your escapades down "oops" lane today! Don is the most gracious person and kind of like the "father" figure of these boards, so I knew he would harbor no ill will toward you.

I read people's profiles for about a year before ever joining the boards because I found them inspiring and informative.

Welthy