spicy shrimp and encouraging news

it seems that the smallest things bring me the greatest joy lately...

my dad called this afternoon and sounded genuinely happy and excited. He had just eaten some spicy shrimp I bought him from one of his favorite restaurants, and he called to tell me that it was the most delicious thing he had eaten in three weeks!

Keeping weight on him has been my biggest concern lately. My dad is a small man and not a big snacker, so I have to pester him quite a bit about eating more. Some of the foods he likes the most have not been appealing to him, so it is very encouraging to hear that he was so delighted by the shrimp (...even though I know he's not supposed to have spicy stuff).

Also wanted to say thanks so much to all of you for being here. This site has been a tremendous source of hope and encouragement and peace to me in such an overwhelming situation. I don't know how I would get through all this stress without this board.

Hope that everyone has a great week. You are all such a tremendous blessing to me.

-stephanie

You are making me hungry! Spicy shrimp sounds good.

Hey, whatever appeals to him is what you go with. Maybe the extra flavoring helps overcome the taste problems.

Go ahead and do a happy dance for every small thing that is good news. In fact, I'll start "the wave" right here.

WAVE

:D

~Karen