I am thankful for....

lewellen9581

I know this is a little off topic, but I had to put this on here.

Right now everything in life seems so unfair. My Dad is losing his very short battle with Cancer, and it hurts me so much to see him wanting to give up, but not sure if he should. Also, it seems so unfair that my fids are about to lose their only Grandpa. My Father in law passed away about 3 years ago. My Daddy is the only person, aside from my kids that I talk to EVERY day. With my husband being in the military, he an be gone adn unable to talk for weeks at a time, but I always talk to Daddy every morning and every night. I dont have that now, and it hurts me so much.

But, what I do want to say is what I am THANKFUL for:

I am thankful that I have 2 healthy kids, Cancer is a terrible thing, and I cannot imagine havng to see my babies fight for their lives the way Daddy has, and I know it happens every day.

I am thankful that my children have both parents here that are healthy and able to provide a loving home for them.

I am thankful that although my Daddy is sick, that I am grown now, and able to care for myself. I wish I could keep him forever, but I know I will survive without him, and he knows that too.

I am thankful that my Husband was here for Christmas this year.

I am thankful for the past 24 years I have been able to spend with Daddy. 24 Birthdays, 24 Christmas's, and 24 Fathers Days.

I am also very greatful that he seems at Peace with everything going on.

As horrible as this past few months have seemed to be, I know that it could be so much worse.

I just needed to remind myself that I do have many things to be greatful for. This has helped me, I hope it helps you too.

A good reminder to us all. Sounds like the positives outweigh the negatives.

I am thankful that I had 47 years with Lucie. I am thankful that I have 3 great kids who love and support me. I am thankful that we are all together this week. I am thankful for my Lord and all the wonderful community of faith support I have. I am thankful I can still laugh and make jokes. Etc. Etc. Don