Will Never Post in the Good News Section

Joe

Dad had a stroke Thursday night while staying in the hospital to elevate his very low blood counts. Since he was bleeding from his colostomy site and coughing up blood, his Lovenex was discontinued. Sadly, that was probably the reason for his stroke also. He is having trouble speaking but it is improving slightly each day.

Before the stroke, my dad was lessed than pleased with the results of his last scan. It showed slight growth in most of the tumors and possible new spots at the bottom of each lung. Because of the scans and stroke, dad has decided to stop treatment and leave the hospital until he is with God.

I am unable to describe how I feel right now. A little part of me is glad that there will be no more tests or waiting to see if the news is good or bad. The rest of me is unbelievably devistated at facing the loss of my dad. I'm worried about everything right now and don't know what to do. All I know is that the Good News Section is no longer an option for dad.

Joe, I am so sad at the turn of events for your dad. As hard as it is on the loved ones, the patient has the right to decide how he or she wants to proceed. Support your dad in eveyr way you can and make the most of the time you have. Let him reminisce with you. And, you never know, he still may make a good turn. Blessings. Don

Joe,

I'm so sorry for you and your family - looking at your profile, it doesn't seem like you've had much time to catch your breath - let alone face this. I wish you and your family the best and I will be praying for a hopeful recovery for your dad.

Take care.