A question if anyone can tell me the answer

We call our Doctor out this afternoon to see Dad,as he said his eye vision was strange. He came out and said this happens with cancer,but he has only known it happen with one eye,not both of them.I was not there myself,as I was at work. Has anyone else heard of this happening to the eyes.

Thankyou for any help on this one.

Sonia UK X

Sonia,

Tony was told in his orientation session before starting chemo that he would probably have blurred vision as a result of the chemo. They told him not to get new glasses as it would resolve once the chemo stopped. He indeed does get blurred vision that is worse after chemo and clears during the last part of the cycle. Vision changes & headaches are also what the Docs look for with mets to the brain, but it doesn't sound like that is an issue that your Dad's Doc is concerned about.

Good luck and best wishes.

Welthy

Sonia,

My husband was also having some vision problems off and on and we thought it was a result of his chemo. For instance, he was out raking leaves and got so dizzy had to sit down to recover. Not trying to scare you, but a few weeks later he had a mild stroke as a result of a carotiod (sp) artery. He had surgery and is doing fine. It is probably chemo related, but watch for other signs.

Mary

Mom's vision has altered so much as a result of the chemo that we convinced her it was worth the $$$ to get new glasses--she was having TERRIBLE headaches. She still has her old ones, so if we ever get to a place where she is off chemo, she can go back to them. It was a GREAT investment for her.

Hope you find some answers for your dad!

:) Kelly