Ken, husband of KarHart and my dad

wyogirl

One year ago today my dear daddy passed away of LC. It is the day before my birthday, so I will never, ever, be able to not know the date on a very intimate level. My wonderful mom (KarHart) put a memorial in her local newspaper, and it was so simple, but brought me to tears anyway.

Grace, I so know what you mean about other people moving on with their lives. Not that I wish grief like this on anyone, but sometimes I feel very resentful that no one "seems" to think it is a big deal that my dad is gone but me and my family. I know that is an unfair way to feel, but my rational mind can't quite seem to override my broken heart.

I wanted to write a tribute to my dad today, in his memory, but the words I want to say just won't come. So I will just say that he is still so greatly loved, and still so overwhelmingly missed. No matter what the rest of the world does, I will never not miss him, not for the rest of my days on this earth.

Thank you all for giving me a place to put some of my feelings into words. You are all so very special and appreciated!

Laura

(((Laura))),

Your words are tribute enough, dear girl. How meaningful and heartfelt they are. And fear not, we here remember ALL who have gone on ~ they are never forgotten here. I will remember your family today and pray for healing and some peace.

Kasey

(((((((((((Karen and Laura)))))))))))

I just saw the nice memorial that was in Florida Today and my eyes filled with tears, remembering my dear friend, Karen. I pray that today will be a day that you can recall some beautiful memories of years spent with such a wonderful husband and father.

Thank you everyone for your kind replies to Laura. I am so sorry that I just can't even seem to post anymore. I do read and just can't find words to offer comfort or condolences. There have just been so many losses this last year, and after being on the boards for such a long time it was like losing more family members, people who came to mean so much to me. I am so truly sad for every one of us. I know time helps, but I guess a year just isn't enough yet. Keeping everyone in my prayers.

Karen H

Thank you all for your replies. It is so comfoting to have you all. I know you truly understand what it is to lose someone so loved and important in your life.

To everyone out there who is grieving, whether for a day, a year, or a lifetime......I am so sorry for your loss, I too understand.

Thank you again, and God bless you all!

Love,

Laura