This is a hard day

rmm17

My first mother's day without my Mom has been really hard. For weeks i've been changing the channel when mother's day commercials come on and avoiding the greeting card aisle in the store. I just miss her so much and i am angry that i don't have anyone to share this day with. It seems like everything reminds me of her. I still haven't really hit a point when i can think about her and smile. The only memories of her i can think of are of those terrible last few days. I'm so afraid that my good memories of her will be gone forever. My heart hurts.

Rochelle

This is my first mothers day without my mom too. Even though I am a mother my self I told my family to not even mention it because my heart hurts so much from missing my mom. I am hoping that tommorrow will be a better day for you. I am so sorry for your pain, if helps at all just know that we are here for you

This is my first mother's day without my husband and it was harder than I expected - that is weird huh! I guess it was cause Ger always made sure that he got to the craft store sometime in the morning of the day to get me a unique little gift from him and another from the boys. Then we would always have a family dinner with my mother who is thankfully still here. I am grateful to have a wonderful friend who arranged with my 13 year old last night to do a visit to the same shops in our village with him for me. And then - we went to my sisters for dinner. I shed my normal hidden tears in the truck today alone coming home from the garden centre after buying my mom her traditional hanging basket. Things will never be the same, yet life does move on. Fathers day won't be so bad as my husband was always away on his "guys week-end" fishing trip. This year the guys are throwing a tiny urn of Gerald's ashes into the Ottawa river. I have arranged that the kids will go to work with me at my store so the other employee's may have the fathers day with their fathers and that will help us take our minds off our woes too. I am so sorry that you all never had your mothers to celebrate with - for that I am lucky to be a mother and to have a mother. Heather

Rochelle, I know well how hard that first one can be. This is my second Mothers' Day without my mom, and it did go much better than last year. Why not buy a card anyway, and take it out to the cemetary to read it to her, or write a letter you can take there? Sometimes some sort of "ceremony" helps us to get through...

The good memories WILL return. I promise. Until then, be good to yourself. You have been through soooo much for someone so young, and I wish for you all the wonderful, sweet memories return soon.

Many hugs,

Karen

Hi Rochelle,

This is my second mother's day without my mom. I still cried on my way to the cemetery it still hurts, but a sense of acceptance is approaching. I am just starting to remember the good things an erase the two horrible last months. Time does heal.

Take care of yourself!

Martha

Rochelle,

I have thought of you and hope all is going as well as it can.

I promise, the good memories and happy thoughts will return...they will be sowed among the pain and sadness. But as the days go by, the good memories persist and grow.

I don't think it will ever be ok and not hurt and not be accompanied by some sadness. But the memories of all the other stuff will be back.