getting through each day

Guest missingmom

Guest missingmom

this is my first post - I occassionally read through some of the posts here but most times it's too hard. I lost my mother about 9 months ago and I just have so many regrets about what I did, what I didn't do, what I could have done.... I miss her incredibly, every single day. I cry almost every day because I feel like there is a big hole in my heart.

I have gone on living and enjoying life the best I can because that's what I have to do and that's what she would want me to do. I know that where ever she is, she is smiling down on me and I hope that one day we'll see each other again.

missingmom...

I so understand where your coming from. Lung cancer took my mother from us in January and every day I relive those last days with her. I spend a few minutes every day crying and am never sure when it will it will hit me. I think how can it only be 4 months when it feels like a lifetime without her. Each day I also try to remember the good times with her and Ive been able to take out some photos and smile a little bit when I see her face. They say time will help and I do believe that this is true but I sure wish I could hurry it up a bit. This is a great place to come because we all understand and pass no judgement. We all have dealt with some type of lung cancer and the pain it causes so please come back and let us help you through some of it.

I have been plagued by the regrets, as from the hindsight perspective, but believe that we all do as good as we know to when we love someone so much. It is not easy to be armed with the answers and the best moves when you are dealing with such an ugly monster as cancer. This experience can help you to grow or can completely paralyze you. Your mom would be so happy that you are going on with your life which is now enhanced by her perspective and influence. I am sending you thoughts of peace and comfort during all the coming days, that you will remember your moms loving embrace through the most difficult times.

Peace...Flowergirlie

I am so sorry for your loss.

I think every single one of us wish the time we spent with our loved ones could have been "different" in some way...whether it was amount of time, care, words, etc.

But we were put in an impossible position by the CANCER. The cancer is to blame...we couldn't win. If you made decisions out of love, then that is what matters/.

Please take care of yourself...don't be hard on yourself AT ALL.